Major problems with BLU Life One Android 5 Lollipop update

rchang24

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
AT&T LTE was lost after upgrade to Lolipop from KitKat 4.4.4. I only got 3G,no matter how I manually changed carrier's connection and APN settings. I have downgraded to KitKat , then, AT&T LTE comes back.

Is this isolated issue, or everyone lost LTE? I guess it is a problem with modem in Lolipop. Any fix for this? I like more Lolipop indeed.

No problem getting AT&T LTE here.

Jamar17

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
i have the same charging problem since i do the upgrade the 12/08/2015... but how i do the battery re-calibration? i have to put it for 4 days to complete the charge... i dont know what to do...

senturain

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
i have the same charging problem since i do the upgrade the 12/08/2015... but how i do the battery re-calibration? i have to put it for 4 days to complete the charge... i dont know what to do...

There's no need to do anything special - just use the phone then charge it. In my case it got back to normal after I charged it a couple of times using the original charger.

senturain

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
There is no reason to stick with the stock camera app if you don't like it --- either on KitKat or Lollipop. Plenty of options in the Play Store.

Some of them can store photos on the extetnal SD card on Lollipop. I paid the $2 for Snap Camera HDR for this feature.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried a few of them and settled on Camera MX - it's easy to use and free and capable of saving to SD card.

Prdto

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Well Lollipop works well on my life one. The only thing to complain is the camera app, that doesn't have the option to save pictures on sd card.

Last edited:

matthewksutherland

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I had a success with the Blu Life One LTE 2015 model and thought I should share how I got back to Kitkat 4.4.4.

Just like one of the users said: You can downgrade using the BLU_X010Q_V17_GENERIC.ZIP. Normally that zip has everything in it and a Qualcomm flash tool usually saved as QPST.2.7.425. The instructions are there. Make sure and this is important that you install Qualcomm drivers as well. And ofcourse disable any driver signing. I can tell you that I had two Blu Life Ones, one with the dreaded Lollipop upgrade which was always messing me up and the other was for a friend and the moment they clicked upgrade, the phone got stuck in recovery mode and no matter what you did, nothing worked. This is what saved me and I managed to downgrade back to Kitkat 4.4.4 which is what the BLU_X010Q_V17_GENERIC will install on the phone. Once the phone is detected (the port will show on top of the QPST tool once detected or it will ask you to select it if any is detected). The rest is selecting the files as shown in the instructions and once you click download, you are good to go.

For a bricked Blu life one, it may not immediately detect it especially since the phone has to be off. Connect the switched off phone while connected with a USB cable to the computer. Note this carefully: Connect while holding the Volume Up AND Volume Down Button plus the power button (All the three at once). When the Black and white Blu logo comes on, release the power button. It is okay if you have to do it over again because you will have some several reboots at some point but you might get it in a go. Basically pressing the Volume Up and Volume Down enters the phone to a lit black screen (It is what I got on my Blu Life One LTE 2015 model) and once you see that, release all and it should detect a port, i.e. the phone will be detected but remain off. That is when the Download button in the Qualcomm flasher will come active.

If you have selected the firehose image files and the loaded the XML files by the instructions,the flashing should work fine.
On a non-bricked phone, once drivers have been properly installed, it should be done much easier.

My instructions may not be the best but I know this forum helped me restore both these phones with some personal perseverance and I have learned a lot in this period so I thought I would share my experience, so please, just know that if Lollipop update messed you up, you can UNBRICK your phone very well and YES, you can even downgrade back to Kitkat 4.4.4 yourself by using this tool and the ROM mentioned. (Select Flat Build>>Choose the programmer path as shown in the instructions>>Search path will come automatically>>Load the specified XML files (usually it is rawprogramunsparse.xml and patch0.xml).

Remember the key things: (Drivers should be properly installed, Disable any Driver signing on Windows 10 or 7 (for some reason Windows 8 is problematic), Windows 7 is more recommended for this if possible but I worked on 10 as well because I had 2 laptops. Windows 10 has that issue where it may silently just refuse to install a driver without letting you know if the driver is not signed. That's the major issue. Disable Driver signing totally and let your Windows display Test Mode in the right hand bottom corner. Safer that way when installing drivers. If any prompt comes up that requesting to install an unsigned driver, please select Install this driver anyway (because yes, you need it boy to unbrick that phone or just to run away from the dreaded update).

Vastalant

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
So, I am having similar problems with the BLU Life One XL (Build: BLU_X030Q_V10_L_Generic). I see that you had some success in downgrading but none of your post include links to retrieve the files necessary to downgrade? I'm very confused and really need the help before I throw this phone into the ground for turning into a piece of garbage after this update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty