Vivo XL Screen Timeout

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
For $99, the Vivo XL is a great phone. It has a few quirks like dialogs that read "Cancel/Determine" instead of "Cancel/OK", but they aren't a big deal. The one minor issue I have is with the screen lock under Security Settings. The timeout for auto locking can be set If you choose slide to unlock, but if you choose a password, pin, or pattern the timeout is greyed out. Basically if you choose a password your only option is to have the phone lock immediately. Has anyone seen otherwise? I tried setting the timeout while it was on the slide to unlock, then switching it to pattern, but it just goes back to immediately locking.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
For $99, the Vivo XL is a great phone. It has a few quirks like dialogs that read "Cancel/Determine" instead of "Cancel/OK", but they aren't a big deal. The one minor issue I have is with the screen lock under Security Settings. The timeout for auto locking can be set If you choose slide to unlock, but if you choose a password, pin, or pattern the timeout is greyed out. Basically if you choose a password your only option is to have the phone lock immediately. Has anyone seen otherwise? I tried setting the timeout while it was on the slide to unlock, then switching it to pattern, but it just goes back to immediately locking.

It is more than likely part of the security measure for the phone. If you put your phone down and walk away it is locked immediately vs there being a time laps in the security for the phone to be compromised.

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
It is more than likely part of the security measure for the phone. If you put your phone down and walk away it is locked immediately vs there being a time laps in the security for the phone to be compromised.

I agree that is a argument to lock the phone on sleep automatically, but that is not the way stock android behaves. You can set an idle time before the phone requires the password to unlock. I usually set mine for 1 minute. With phones that have a fingerprint reader, I would have it lock immediately since unlocking is so easy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21