Blu Vivo XL Update Error

ngnetzky

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I just got my Blu Vivo XL phone, which I'm loving btw. However, I'm having problems with their OTA updates for bug fixes. It downloads the update just fine and reboots the phone, yet I end up with dead robot with a exclamation point on his chest? Anyway of manually applying the update?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Blu Vivo XL phone, which I'm loving btw. However, I'm having problems with their OTA updates for bug fixes. It downloads the update just fine and reboots the phone, yet I end up with dead robot with a exclamation point on his chest? Anyway of manually applying the update?

You can try booting in to recovery buy powering off, hold volume up, then the power button. Let go of the power button after it turns on but keep holding power up. Once you get in to recovery you should see an option to apply the update.

ngnetzky

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Excellent suggestion, however, now the question is once the update is downloaded, where is it stored? When I boot into recovery mode, it shows the following
Apply update from adb
Apply update from sdcard
Apply update from sdcard2

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Excellent suggestion, however, now the question is once the update is downloaded, where is it stored? When I boot into recovery mode, it shows the following
Apply update from adb
Apply update from sdcard
Apply update from sdcard2

Do you have an SD card installed? If so, try removing it and then downloading the update and installing it. The phone is a little weird when it comes to SD Cards.

If you don't have one installed try from SD Card.

ngnetzky

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I do have a sdcard installed. It's supposed to be a high end 64gb Samsung card, so it's not cheapo one. However, I'll remove the card and than try the update. Thanks for your help. On the other note, my sd card is a Samsung 64gb PRO+ MicroSDXC, is this a good card? BestBuy said it was the best and the fastest on the market. The card also got good reviews too.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I do have a sdcard installed. It's supposed to be a high end 64gb Samsung card, so it's not cheapo one. However, I'll remove the card and than try the update. Thanks for your help. On the other note, my sd card is a Samsung 64gb PRO+ MicroSDXC, is this a good card? BestBuy said it was the best and the fastest on the market. The card also got good reviews too.
Yeah, Samsung makes some really good SD cards. Let me know if that fixes the problem.

ngnetzky

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
BINGO! You're freaking awesome! After removing the sd card, downloading the update. The phone rebooted and installed the update!!!!!!!!! Thanks So much for your help. Do you have this phone, or another blu?

EDIT: Also, i don't know if this is related, now the phone will connect to my wifi extender, whereas before it would not. Could the update have fixed that wi fi issue?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
BINGO! You're freaking awesome! After removing the sd card, downloading the update. The phone rebooted and installed the update!!!!!!!!! Thanks So much for your help. Do you have this phone, or another blu?

EDIT: Also, i don't know if this is related, now the phone will connect to my wifi extender, whereas before it would not. Could the update have fixed that wi fi issue?
Yeah, the update didn't have a change log with it. It just said bug fixes, i imagine it was addressing some issues. I'm glad you got fixed up.

I do have the Vivo XL, mine is rooted and has a lot of modded apps. Trying to take control of it and extend the battery a little longer. It already has great battery life. Just trying to squeeze a little more out of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85