What is BLU's OS Update track record?

Erika Y

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
A couple phones have been updated once, but since blu doesn't make the phones but rebrands them from various companies, I think it depends on whether those companies make an update.

reg0303

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Tick-tock tick-tock Qtr. 1 is almost over. I've been searching high and low for any info, but I haven't found a thing :(

Andrew Ray

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm enjoying my Blu Life One X with current Lollipop a lot.
I've read about Marshmallow, there are new features but do you guys think it will makes a significant different over Lollipop?

Last edited:

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh yes. At the very least, Doze can extend your battery by a lot of hours. That alone is worth the upgrade. 2 more days... let's hope they release it on time.

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Note: Doze in Marshmallow will extend your overall battery life if you don't use your phone. :)

Good point, sorry, I was replying in a rush and didn't have time for more details. Indeed, Doze basically realizes every time your phone is on a table or simply laying down unattended, and turns off most sensors while restricting a lot of program functionality. This results in, for instance, your battery going down by only a couple percent points when you leave it on overnight while you sleep. My Life One X tends to go down about 10% overnight, so that's quite an improvement. If you keep your phone on the table during the day, you'll also feel the battery benefit. I believe in Android N or O they intend to make Doze even more powerful, recognizing when it's in your pocket to execute the same kinds of battery saving modes.

There's more benefits from M though, I can't recall everything - check Ars Technica's review of M - but I think I recall they did changes to how apps build themselves upon installation and the ART runtime so that now it should be much faster to install apps too. There's more stuff, but I can't recall.

1 day left! C'mon BLU! :)

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Welp, it's 11PM and I'm going to bed, I don't count on BLU to give us an update in the next 60 minutes. Too bad, BLU, promise broken, you had 3 months to get this done. Next time clearly I'll just go with a Nexus. I'm done with OEMs and their BS.

giphy.jpg