Emailed Blu about 6.0 on Life One X

Phonication

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I asked Blu about getting Marshmallow on the Blu Life One X 2016. Here is their response:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting*BLU Products. We*are happy to help you!

We apologize for the inconvenience, at this time there are no updates available for your device.* We strive to keep our devices as updated as possible, and are always working toward improving the performance we provide. If an update for your device is made available, we will let everyone know through ourFacebook*fan page. Please check us out on*Facebook*for all news related to your device.

Should you have any additional questions please contact us at*1-877-602-8762*(Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm EST).

Thank you for choosing BLU!

Best Regards,

Into Blu

Disappointing. I plan on using that phone number shortly, and I hope others will too. We may be SOL tho

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I asked Blu about getting Marshmallow on the Blu Life One X 2016. Here is their response:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting*BLU Products. We*are happy to help you!

We apologize for the inconvenience, at this time there are no updates available for your device.* We strive to keep our devices as updated as possible, and are always working toward improving the performance we provide. If an update for your device is made available, we will let everyone know through ourFacebook*fan page. Please check us out on*Facebook*for all news related to your device.

Should you have any additional questions please contact us at*1-877-602-8762*(Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm EST).

Thank you for choosing BLU!

Best Regards,

Into Blu

Disappointing. I plan on using that phone number shortly, and I hope others will too. We may be SOL tho

Posted via the Android Central App
It might be one of those situations where they promised one thing at launch and then they decided to change their minds or mislead us that they were going to update the phone. Let us know what they say.

Alan Kaf

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
If Blu is nothing else, they are very consistent in breaking upgrade promises. Except for rare exceptions, what you buy initially is all you get -- so take it or leave it. If you want updates, go with a better vendor.

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Good job! I've been so caught up with work this week I didn't even think of emailing them about the update. I'll call them next week, see what they say. I give OEMs one chance to keep their word. Motorola failed/lied to me, I'll never buy from them again, and advise friends and colleagues to do the same. Blu has failed, me, but I hope they haven't lied to me. If they have and there's no update in a few weeks, my next phone will undoubtedly be a Nexus.

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
FYI I emailed BLU last week and got the exact same email response as the OP. I don't think we're going to see M in our L1X for a good while. Too bad, 1 strike and they're out, like Motorola. Guess I'll be purchasing the Nexus 5X successor later this year.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Wow I just ordered one partially because they stated it would be upgraded to Marshmallow. Guess I'm going to be disappointed though I really don't have any particular reason to need Marshmallow

Last edited:

Verysame

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm also posting on their FB account, which is supposed to be the place where they would announce it.

Other that that, what about this?
Upgrade/Update BLU Life One X To Android 6.0 Marshmallow | Upgrade-Marshmallow.net

Is it everything fine with the procedure explained on that page?
If so, I might just do that and finally get Marshmallow on my Life X One!

Edit:
Sorry, never mind. I'm quite sure it's a fake.
I tried to post in the comments and it didn't work. I also checked the posters' account and none of them seem to match. Wish it was true.

Last edited:

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
after the phone conversation I had with Blu tech support on Wed. no way would I expect them to know anything about updates. I called to ask If the LTE version of the life xl had screen cast and was told no blu phones support screen cast (WRONG) was also told the life xl only comes in LTE version also (WRONG)

reg0303

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Soooo "The BLU R1 HD arrives with Android 6.0 Marshmallow with a guaranteed update to Android 7.0" via AndroidAuthority..I see Blu likes to through that word guarantee around. While the Life One X is still waiting on that "guarantee" to 6.0.

divinevalley

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Other that that, what about this?
Upgrade/Update BLU Life One X To Android 6.0 Marshmallow | Upgrade-Marshmallow.net

Is it everything fine with the procedure explained on that page?
If so, I might just do that and finally get Marshmallow on my Life X One!

Edit:
Sorry, never mind. I'm quite sure it's a fake.
I tried to post in the comments and it didn't work. I also checked the posters' account and none of them seem to match. Wish it was true.

I just stumbled upon this too which is why I'm also looking around on forums, to verify. Is it really fake? Nooo :'(

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Welp, even if 4 months late, I'd still like my darn Marshmallow update. That's why I bought the phone in December. Learned my lesson with BLU though - whatever the phone comes from, you're stuck. Maybe it's not such a bad deal, as long as they keep having $99 sales on new releases like the BLOX I can renew every year :)

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I just messaged BLU on Facebook a few days ago and they just replied today. They still assure me the update will come before year end. We'll see, there's not many more weeks left...

Screenshot_2016-10-24-21-54-31.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan