My Prevail turns on and boots to samsung screen please help!!!

robhuffster

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy Prevail was working great i had it on 2.3.6 rooted firmware which i used odin to put on and everything worked great, a couple weeks later i turn the phone off and when i goto turn it back on it starts goes to samsung :: Mobile Exciting!! - Samsung Mobile :: screen and thats it. I have tried odin with stock firmwares and rooted firmwares and tried everything and every version of gb i could find to no avail, some please help i hate this phone first phone i have owned to be bricked that I couldnt fix, thank you.

Leagle37

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Prevail turns on and boots to samsung screen please help!!

My Galaxy Prevail was working great i had it on 2.3.6 rooted firmware which i used odin to put on and everything worked great, a couple weeks later i turn the phone off and when i goto turn it back on it starts goes to samsung :: Mobile Exciting!! - Samsung Mobile :: screen and thats it. I have tried odin with stock firmwares and rooted firmwares and tried everything and every version of gb i could find to no avail, some please help i hate this phone first phone i have owned to be bricked that I couldnt fix, thank you.

From the sounds of it, you've tried pretty much everything. Have you tried to access the CWM and reset it back to factory default?

Travisholt92

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Prevail turns on and boots to samsung screen please help!!

Easy fix, format /system, /data and /cache also i would recommend the delvik cache.
If your using the stock rom still i feel bad for you.. lol i would recommend MIUI or CM9, google MIUI for m820 (the model number of the prevail) or a good one that is pretty stable CTMod m820. I really hope this shed's some light onto the possibilities you have with this phone. It has the possibility to run SOOO much faster. you dont even understand... lol