My Boost Mobile Galaxy Prevail LTE freezes up with Touchwiz error, what can I do?

A

AC Question

My Boost Mobile Galaxy Prevail LTE freezes up with Touchwiz error

My Boost Mobile Galaxy Prevail LTE freezes up and I receive a Touchwiz error that requires me to take out the battery and turn the phone back on just to get it to work again. This happens after I do any and every text, phone call, or application, or automatically every 3 - 7 minutes. It has made it completely impossible to use the phone at this point. I think that my ex-boyfriend might have rooted it at some time, but I'm not sure how to even check. Someone PLEASE HELP me fix this if possible! Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Boost Mobile Galaxy Prevail LTE freezes up with Touchwiz error

Welcome to Android Central! You can tell if the phone is rooted by running Root Checker.

Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. These steps should work: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fsupport%2Fskp%2Ffaq%2F868663&token=Y_JDP6lb

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci