Install PlayStore apps

jackgart

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,

Is there any possibility to push playstore app from MDM system to Android device ( like it could be done for iOS devices)
I mean without redirection to Google Play.

If yes what API's shoud i use (may there is an official info)

Also as I understand corecly Android OS doesn't have any bult-in MDM protocols?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify that a bit more? Do you want to avoid using Google Play Store completely? Because you can go to Google Play Store on your computer and remotely install an app by selecting it there and choosing which device to install to.

Or does your device not have access to Google Play Store? I'm going to guess that trying to install Google Play Store apps but bypassing Google Play Store would be a violation of the terms of service. Have you looked into alternate app stores like Amazon Appstore, GetJar, or SlideMe?

jackgart

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for follow up this and your comments. I'll try to explain in details. All MDM vendors supports play store app installation by following way:
1) MDM admin create app in the console by providing link to the Google Play and then make available deployment.
2) End users see that app in MDM vendor "application store" on their devices. If they try to install it, redirection to Google Play occurs and users install that app from Play store.
For iOS devices many MDM vendors have a capability to make *mandatory* (not available) deployment for AppStore applications without AppStore redirection. Users see only notification to enter their Apple ID and after that installation of appstore app occurs.
I'm just wondering is there any capability to do the same (mandatory installation) for Google Play Apps?
I think there is. Some of MDM vendors provide this capability. And I wanna to understand how it works. may be there is some official info about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I see. Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgeable about that kind of thing. Hope you find a solution!