Criteria: $100-$150, T-Mobile, Unlocked, 2GB Ram & > 16GB storage

jaxstraww

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I use 5x and 6P respectively but last year when switching over to T-Mobile we decided to get my 5 year old son a phone. Picked him up the Samsung On5 as part of the summer buy one for free deal. The phone sucks for Pokemon. He isn't complaining but when I use it I feel like screaming. I've had older phones that perform a ton better. The 8gb of space is really like 4gb once you get past the standard image.

For Xmas I'd like to upgrade him a bit. He is 6 now but I still see the occasional drop so not planning on buying anything outrageous. Amazon offer phones aren't an option. I don't need him buying stuff off their ads.

Anyone have any suggestions using the criteria below as a guide. I won't get everything but looking for the best phone that can be used on T-Mobile (unlocked if possible) in the $100-$150 range.

1. Android OS
  2. 2gb of RAM
  3. > 16gb storage
  4. plays Pokemon Go
  5. possibly has a nougat update

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I hope you don't allow your 6yr old to go out and hunt pokemon by himself. Put the Pokémon Go app on your phone and let him use it while you both go out and play.

jaxstraww

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
LeEco S3, with the black Friday coupon, it's $130. An insane deal.

Bought the phone on Friday and received it today. The phone is fantastic and probably better than the $200 ZTE I just got him.

Their presentation is great. From the free overnight shipping, packaging, earbuds and even a case skin to keep scratches off the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol