OnePlus 3 or 3T or wait...?

aknight123456

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I currently have a HTC 1 M8 which is starting to show its age, my contract is a super cheap SIM only deal so I'm looking to pick up a new phone. I was super keen on the OnePlus 3 but I was waiting for after Christmas or when the HTC actually died. I was not expecting the release of the 3T, especially not so soon after the release of the 3! Now that they have stopped making it I can only find Chinese versions of the 3 left to buy and as far as I can see from my searching online you can't unlock the LTE bands on a 3 as of yet.

Now I've managed to find one 3 in an O2 store near me, unfortunately they have to set it up on a contract and then I'd pay it all off and pay a months contract, totalling £352, about £22 more expensive than the 3 originally was.

The 3T from reading all the reviews is definitely better, but its marginal and not really worth the extra £70 or £110 if you go for the larger storage on top of the old one. I am concerned though that as the 3 has already been superseded by the 3T will the updates/support continue in line with the 3T?

So my question is, do you think £350 is a good deal to pay for essentially an already outdated phone, would it be better to fork out the extra cash on a 3T or just hold out for something else?

TL;DR, OnePlus 3 for £350, 3T for £400/£440 or something else?

Cheers,
Andy

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you made a decision, OP? It's tough, for sure - both phones are great!

I don't think they'd discontinue updates for the 3, especially since it's just recently came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez