New phone about 500$

dave_kor

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello, my Xperia Z2 is slowly dying (sometimes doesn't turn on, bad battery, buggy and foggy camera), well, my warranty ends today. I have budget about 500$, everything in my country is expensive af (Pixel starting at nearly 1000$). I am choosing between OnePlus 3T and Nexus 6P, which one would you buy? OP is 60$ cheaper, but has worse camera and trashy speaker, but the 6P is much older and has half the power than OP. I'd like to hear if anyone here has one of these and knows the biggest pros/cons.
Excuse my english, i know its bad.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Those are two really good options.

Things to consider about the Nexus:
- stock Android
- fast updates
- support for phone will end soon, but phone will still be usable without updates
- still relevant and awesome currently, despite its age

Things to consider about OnePlus:
- very good bang for your buck
- recommended by Android Central in Buyer's Guide
- ticks off almost all boxes when it comes to "midrange pricing, yet flagship-level performance"

If you can't choose between the two, I suggest looking up unboxing and review videos on YouTube, and looking at the Buyer's Guide here too! Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

dave_kor

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
So, i have decided to go with 3T. It has much better build quality, better battery life and performance thanks to the screen. It's also cheaper with bigger storage. Some tasty customization options are great.