S7, Pixel, V20 or G6?

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using a paid off LG G4 that sometimes freezes up and slows down. It doesn't do it all the time. Usually it'll do this when I unlock the phone after it's sat unused for a longer period of time or when using Spotify. I feel like its days are numbered.

I'm also on Verizon. I like the convenience of financing a phone.

I need a phone with at least 32gb with expandable storage or 64gb without.

Also a good camera with manual controls.

These four devices are the ones I've narrowed down.

-S7-$24/month (32gb with expandable storage)
-Pixel-$27.08/month (32gb Pixel)
V20-$24/month (32gb with expandable storage)
G6-$28/month (32gb with expandable storage)

Price and storage are the two most important factors to me.

The one benefit of the Pixel is quick software updates and stock Android. It's hard for me to justify paying an extra $100/month for more storage though. I definitely don't see the value in the Pixel XL.

I've used phones with software and capacitive buttons and definitely love the software buttons more.

It's hard for me to prioritize and distinguish between needs and wants.

Everytime I think I've decided which one is my top choice, I change my mind. I really don't want to compromise on my needs or wants.

I'm also hesitant to go with another LG phone because of the hardware issues with them.

If you have any opinions or advice, please comment.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else have any thoughts? I'm leaning towards the Pixel 32gb while keeping my LG G4 for primarily shooting and editing videos for my YouTube channel. But still I'm having a hard time justifying even getting another phone. Heck, I'm even looking at getting a Moto Z Play Droid for only $17/month. It has awesome battery life and will likely suit my day to day usage. The only downside is the average camera in low light. I'm also concerned about midrange phones when it comes to things like the occasional Snapchat. My G4 already heats up and struggles on Snapchat. I mainly use it to amuse my two small children. I'm wondering if the 625 is any better than the 808?

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Update. I'm going with the G6. No way I can pay full price for a year old S7 and the Pixel is too expensive and they have wifi connectivity issues.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Other than the camera, the G6 is the best in your list. I currently have the G6 and have to admit it comes second to the Pixel in the camera department. It's better than the s7 as much as I liked that phone. In fact the camera is also better than the s8 Plus I just swapped my G6 for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34