help replacing my wife's xperia z3

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Priorities are the following (in order of most important to less important):

- better camera than her z3
- preferably below flagship price
- more internal storage (she had only 16GB, so 32GB would be ok, 64GB even better)
- not made out of glass (i.e. the phone should be able to withstand the abuse of a toddler)
- similar form factor 5ish inches, although she could go a bit larger
- stockish android

Thanks for any suggestions!

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I am not liking too much the direction moto has taken recently, but I will have a look. thanks. Seems to tick most of my boxes, will try to find more detailed review of the camera.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
+1 for the Moto G5 plus. My wife just bought one and it's a pretty good phone. Nougat running smooth out of the box and the new FPS gestures work great, giving you a bigger screen on a not so big phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The ASUS Zenfone 3 is probably a good choice as well: ASUS ZenFone 3 review - Android Authority. The camera on my old Zenfone 2 was pretty impressive. The ZenUI launcher is not very stockish (it's more reminiscent of TouchWiz), but it's actually pretty nicely done. You can always install a 3rd party launcher like Nova anyway, to make it more stockish.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The ASUS Zenfone 3 is probably a good choice as well: ASUS ZenFone 3 review - Android Authority. The camera on my old Zenfone 2 was pretty impressive. The ZenUI launcher is not very stockish (it's more reminiscent of TouchWiz), but it's actually pretty nicely done. You can always install a 3rd party launcher like Nova anyway, to make it more stockish.

It was a tossup between me buying the Zenfone 3 or the Honor 8. The Zenfone is a great choice. :)