[HOW-TO] Rogers Captivate Flash to Stock (No AT&T)
This is for the Rogers branded Captivate (SGH-i896). If you have an AT&T version, see here.
[TIP]For backing up your data, see this thread. Just come back here when you get to the right spot.[/TIP]
1. Download the zip folder from, along with Odin3 1.81 and the 512 pit.
2. Unzip the contents, and save them somewhere easy to find.
3. Open the Odin3 1.81 .exe file.
4. Click PIT. Navigate to the 512 .pit file you downloaded, and click open.
5. Click PDA. Navigate to the I896UXJL1.tar file (the one from the .zip, and click open.
6. Remove battery, SIM, and micro SD from phone.
7. Re-insert the Battery. Boot into download mode by holding both Volume buttons and plugging in the USB. If you get a screen that says "downloading: do not turn off target" with a digging android, you're in download mode.
8. Your phone should show up in ODIN (the box will turn yellow w/ letters and numbers).
9. Your screen should now look like this. If it doesn't, unplug your phone, and do it again.
[NOTE]The PDA file will be a different name.[/NOTE]
10. If everything looks good, the hit start. DO NOT UNPLUG IT. When it finishes, Odin will say PASS in green. You can then unplug, and your phone will reboot.
Portions of this page are modifications based on work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project
and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License. AndroidCentral is an independent site
that is not affiliated with or endorsed by Google.