1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recommended Screen Protector?

Title says it all.

Thanks, AoN
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

While I don't use screen protectors google boxwave. They make good ones.

For the time being, I'm using a Rocketfish one for Sony PSP from best buy for $6.99.

I'm hoping bestskinsever.com produces a skin, but not sure I'll want the screen covered, just the body.

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.1.2..

I heard these guys are good.

Smartphone curious but not smartphone smart..

ROM
    Stock

they have screen protectors at the at&t store 9.99 for a pack of 3

Are the AT&T ones "anti glare" or clear ? I don't want anything altering this sweet screen...

bringing back an old thread, but BSE does have them available now

I'm trying to find a screen protector only that doesn't feel as grippy as Zagg, I'm hearing Ghost Armor, GadgetShieldz, and BodyGuardz. Do any of these feel close to the smooth glass feel or would I even be better off going cheap like the ones at the AT&T store?

I bought Realook and liked it. My dog got my phone and it had a couple pits afterward but the feel was really nice. It does get marked up from oils but to me it is the same as what happens on the glass screen so I was happy.

Don't get a Zagg. I could be a moron but I had nothing but stupid problems putting that peice of junk on my phone. It was 21.99 at best buy (lifetime warranty) and you seriously need a scientist to put that POS on for you. You have to spray your fingers with some spray they give you then spray your protector and lay it on the phone.... the protector gets stuck everywhere while water and crap is running all over your phone.. god it was an awful mess.
    I ended up going to the ATT store and getting the 9.99 screen protectors (packs of 3) and they work like a charm.

I got the Zagg Invisible shield and like it a lot. It took about 5 minutes to put on, but as long as you don't rush it's pretty easy. My only complaint is that it has a slightly sticky feel to it, so you can't slide your fingers on the screen as well (wouldn't recommend it for Swype users) But after my phone fell during a run and i got to watch it slide across the sidewalk screen-side down, yet no scratches were on my screen, I was pretty convince to keep it on.

I'm waiting for a full body zagg kit, but I have used them on a co-workers Droid X and they are a bit sticky. I am hoping it will wear down in time. An added bonus is that the zaggskins are warrantied. If they get munged, the'll replace it for free.

I have had a zagg invisishield on my iPhone 3G when I had it, my iPod touch, and now my Captivate. It literally takes 5 minutes to put it on if take your time to do it. As far as the "sticky" or "tacky" feel, I've found that it goes away after a few days. It has to fully adhere to the phone. And you cant beat that warranty either.

I had a heck of a time trying to install the zagg sheild on my captivate. I took it off b/c I didn't like the feel or look of it (bumpy like an orange peel). So it sort of distorted the image (IMO) whens howing off HD video.

Does it eventually smooth out and become more clear?

I got a zagg, love their product wish it was a less sticky finish but....

Also my Captivate was sitting in the door handle of my wifes camry this past weekend, when I opened the door it fell out and landed face first on the concrete garage floor. Not a bit of damage.

Good enough for me.

SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint

Once you use something other than Zagg InvisibleShield, you'll soon realize that it is crap for touchscreen devices.

I have a realook screen protector and I have no issues. Dry install which was simple to do and it fits perfectly. Its crystal clear which I wanted with no orange peel feel. I actually think my finger slides better with it on than without but it could be that I only had the phone a week before adding it. I have tried many others on different devices but nothing worked out as I had hoped until now.

I also hear good things about Steinheil.