Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Samsung Captivate Cases

So how long before the cases become available? Definitely would like to see case makers step up like they do for the fruit company.
    Thanked by:
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I keep checking for one but so far, nothing.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

I bought myself a Body Glove case at AT&T. It has an attractive design on the back and fits around the front of the phone perfectly. The material isn't the sticky" silicone that attracts lint and is difficult to pocket. Rather, it seems to be some kind of plastic (aka I have no idea what it's made of, but just that it feels good).

I would recommend checking it out.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alias3800 View Post
    I bought myself a Body Glove case at AT&T. It has an attractive design on the back and fits around the front of the phone perfectly. The material isn't the sticky" silicone that attracts lint and is difficult to pocket. Rather, it seems to be some kind of plastic (aka I have no idea what it's made of, but just that it feels good).

I would recommend checking it out.
    I got the same one from the ATT store. It is not a hard case but as posted above a soft but yet non-sticky case.
    I do like it, it slides in and out of your pocket without grabbing the material, so you dont have to look like a dork when your have your arm half way down your pants struggling.

I still want a holster.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Anyone find a nice pouch case for this phone yet?

I picked up the side pouch case for the Evo and it fits really good.

I picked this up at Best Buy the other day because my at&t store had nothing for the Captivate.

Not bad for $25, and it keeps everything safe and sound.
    They have a brown one too.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I bought the incipio case and that thing prevents my car charger from fitting correctly and it was hard as heck to get off. I almost broke the case getting it off...
    I don't recommend the incipio clear case...looks cool, but the charger port area is not cut wide enough and it is harder to get off the phone than catching pig while wearing your church clothes.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I'm thinking about just picking up a silk sunglass pouch from a Sunglass Hut... Just need something to put it in when I put it in my pockets.

They have quite a few listed... .dont know too much about them though

I'm looking for a hard case like the Speck ones for iPhone....

When I had an iPhone (for a brief time), this thing kept the phone super protected, but the closest I could find was Amzer case (which isnt available till late August). I called around to ATT stores and 2 had nothing and 1 had a clear hard case (not sure what brand). I'm going have to be extra careful with this until I find something.

With each carrier having their own different version of the GalaxyS, it will probably be a while before custom cases are available. So far, I don't mind not having a case. Seems like a pretty durable finish on the Captivate and I'm getting used to holding it.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Waiting for Seidio myself, I've had their cases for my last 4 phones, their the best IMO. I have the body glove case from ATT but I'm really not digging it. I want something a little more rubberized.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob989_69 View Post
    Waiting for Seidio myself, I've had their cases for my last 4 phones, their the best IMO. I have the body glove case from ATT but I'm really not digging it. I want something a little more rubberized.
    See I will never buy a Seidio product ever again, unless I want my phone that's supposed to be protected all scratched up. I'm still holding out for Sena Cases to come up with something nice.

Hi all,

The thing that concerns me most is screen protection. If I get one of those clear-plastic screen protectors, will the touch-sensitivity still work OK?

Thanks,
    Chris.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctann View Post
    Hi all,

The thing that concerns me most is screen protection. If I get one of those clear-plastic screen protectors, will the touch-sensitivity still work OK?

Thanks,
    Chris.
    Please view these threads regarding screen protectors. Thanks.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    See I will never buy a Seidio product ever again, unless I want my phone that's supposed to be protected all scratched up. I'm still holding out for Sena Cases to come up with something nice.
    I will admit they have left small scratches on my phones, especially my IPhone with the chrome part around the top.

I just love their rubberized feel. They have a nice grip, but don't attract dust like neoprene cases do.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by thrasherdawg View Post
    I picked this up at Best Buy the other day because my at&t store had nothing for the Captivate.

Not bad for $25, and it keeps everything safe and sound.
    They have a brown one too.
    Thanks for the advice. I just got that same exact case off ebay for $8.00 shipped

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Personally I'm would like to see something like the otterbox commuter. Had one for my blackberry and loved it.
    Blackberry Curve >> Blackberry Storm >> Blackberry Bold 9700 >> Motorola Backflip >> Blackberry Bold 9700 >> Samsung Captivate

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
    ads

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock ICS

I just picked up Captivates for self and wife last night at an AT&T store. Somehow he was able to add cases and car chargers at no cost. I am a premier customer through work, and haven't upgraded for years, but maybe they do this for anyone, don't know.
    We both chose body gloves, but there was a hard case too. Didn't look that close so can't describe further.
    Now if I can just get my WEP protected wifi working, life would be good!
    ADS
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joeybear23 View Post
    "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
    Search for "screen protectors"

Search for "screen protectors"
    gotcha

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

I want a case with a 'kick-stand' so I can easily watch videos without any other accessory. Like the Archos media players.

It was so hard to find a case anywhere since it's new. The only places I found any were the ATT store or that Cheapdroids.com website. As for screen protectors InvisibleShield has it for the Captivate, and so does the ATT store.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast