1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Vehicle Mount

Buddy of mine just got the Verizon version and picked up the vehicle mount for his device... which does not fit the ATT version. I cannot find one that fits the Captivate anywhere... I am not interested in the universal mounts, as I have tried one already and it just doesn't fit. Darn thing was only $30... does anyone have a link for an ACTUAL Captivate vehicle mount?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Poor form replying to myself, but I have an update, so there.

Spoke with Samsung's Accessories department, and there is no such part for the Captivate. Yet. They SAY that there is still a mount planned for release, so I will hold out hope for something as slick as the one for the Fascinate (built-in AUX and USB port, engages Car Mode, and doesn't interfere with either the volume rocker OR the pseudo-buttons on the front like the universal mounts seem to).

If someone does have a cheaper universal mount that does NOT interfere with the Captivate's buttons, AND engages Car Mode, please let me know. I will probably buy it and use it until Samsung does release the real deal.

Thanks!

Pick up a Garmin Nuvi 205 mount. With minimal tweaking, that mount would work.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I picked up one similar at the local Best Buy for a GPS unit. Vent mount. They do not engage the car mode, but I just designed a landscape home screen for in the car and it is more functional anyway. I still want to real mount though... I do not like having to mount the power+aux cable every time. Annoying that something as simple as the car dock is still not available from Samsung/ATT.

makes one specifically for the AT&T Captivate. You start on their home page and select a clip for your car model and then the phone. I don't have one yet but they look OEM and their are several models to choose from. Guy on androidforums.com can get you 10% off, which you'll need as they are pricey. I have a Body Glove case so I'll need the adjustable model.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

It looks like the OEM car dock is now available. Several sites are selling them. This is the best price I have found:

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It is out! Finally! Now I can stop plugging in two cables every time I get in/out of the car. Happy dance.

http://store.androidcentral.com/sams.../3A78A7477.htm

Thank you above poster for letting us know! Woohoo!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

There is actually support for this mount to output USB audio out now thanks to xda-

This is a i9000 reoriented kernel, so you need to be running it with a i9000 modem as well. Bass output is weak, but is being worked on.