1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Desktop Dock Accessory

I received two of the Samsung Desktop Docks - nice accessory and it comes with an AC adapter (I thought I had read it didn't). The phone slides into the dock very easily - easier than trying to plug in a normal micro USB.

Question though, has anyone else played around with one of these? I was hoping the dock software would allow it to maintain different configurations. So, when docked, the screen stays on, full brightness, different sound settings, etc. When docked, the dock software runs - and it is nice, but I'd like to do more.

Maybe Tasker can do this...I haven't checked. Just wondered if anyone else had some experience. I think they could do better on the dock app.

Moving to the Accessories sub-forum.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Where did you find it ?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Cellular Accessory - for a good price too.

I go two of them. On one, the phone slides into the micro USB without effort; the other requires fiddling.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I got one of these directly from Samsung and it works great, except it does not pass through a data connection to my computer.

This one here on Android Central says that it does do a data connection
    http://store.androidcentral.com/sams...6A39A7413A.htm
    can anyone verify this for me that has one? it looks exactly like the one I got from Samsung so I want to make sure it really works with data.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimsearle View Post
    I got one of these directly from Samsung and it works great, except it does not pass through a data connection to my computer.

This one here on Android Central says that it does do a data connection
    http://store.androidcentral.com/sams...6A39A7413A.htm
    can anyone verify this for me that has one? it looks exactly like the one I got from Samsung so I want to make sure it really works with data.

Thanks.
    That may require Froyo. I know the audio jack on the dock will not work without Froyo.

This dock comes with a charger not a usb cable. I did connect a usb but does allow to transfer data

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I've had it connected to my computer for over a month and it never provided a data connection.

Now all of the sudden today it did... No idea what changed.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsearle View Post
    I've had it connected to my computer for over a month and it never provided a data connection.

Now all of the sudden today it did... No idea what changed.
    How?!?! How damn you, how?!?!

Seriously though, I was really bummed to find out that the dock does not provide a data connection... I really hope I can find a useful app to run while docked. Suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Default Re: Desktop Dock Accessory

I would love to use one of these beside my bed. But I hate they way the whole screen pushes light. At night it completely lights up the room.
    Hope is not a plan.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Get Desk Home app from the market. It dims the screen when the phone is docked, also might want dock nothingness app if you sometimes don't want desk home to launch when docked.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk