- 25 Posts
Infotainment Center Setup Discussions
I use my phone and/or tablet all the time in my car. I can't remember the last time I've listened to a local radio station. Spotify, Pandora, Pocket Casts, Google Maps, I use all of these heavily. I've seen some pretty impressive mods to peoples vehicles to accommodate tablets and various infotainment centers. Has anyone come across anything that is relatively simple to put together. Maybe something that would work in a standard DIN or double DIN adapter slot.
Here's a couple that is pretty impressive. iphone only though. I would love to see something work with a 7 inch tablet.
Dash: Smartphone-docked to the car stereo
I think the Ca-Fi systems are the closest thing to what I'd be interested in. But the software is old and it doesn't seem very customizable.
Ca-Fi Infotainment | Android
Tesla Motors has the right idea for an infotainment center. The demo's look pretty impressive, though I feel like a 17in screen is overkill.
What do you guys think? This feels like an untapped market to me.
This is my ideal. I am going to look into how difficult this would be for my car. You might be able to replace some of the components in this setup with an N7 dock.
- 04-15-2013, 12:58 PM #2
- 03-04-2014, 07:27 AM #3
- By loco90 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 6Last Post: 02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
- By ChocoBilly in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 7Last Post: 01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
- By ericks17 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 13Last Post: 11-25-2009, 09:47 AM
- By areyes163 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 0Last Post: 10-14-2009, 03:20 AM
- By JokerKAce in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 2Last Post: 07-31-2009, 04:11 PM