1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Incipio galaxy s4 case

So I got this case at Verizon when I got my new galaxy s4. First of all the case looks cool and seems to be doing a good job protecting my phone. I do have a complaint about it though and thats that I can't hear it when it's on a flat surface. The hole for the speaker is flush with the surface and barely any sound escapes. Are all the cases like this because it really sucks?

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Incipio galaxy s4 case

Not all cases are like that, but still, that's one of the downsides of having the speaker at the back.

I normally put my phone with the screen facing down since my case protects the display anyway.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT3 View Post
    So I got this case at Verizon when I got my new galaxy s4. First of all the case looks cool and seems to be doing a good job protecting my phone. I do have a complaint about it though and thats that I can't hear it when it's on a flat surface. The hole for the speaker is flush with the surface and barely any sound escapes. Are all the cases like this because it really sucks?
    Some cases have bulgy corners that lift the speaker slightly off the surface

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Incipio galaxy s4 case-1376272293113.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    JohnT3 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Right, I'm thinking that I'm probably going to have to get a different case. Not being able to hear it when it's on a surface is kind of a deal breaker for me. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some obvious solution I missed. I'll be picking up another cover. Take this as a warning on the Incipio case!

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

The Element Eclipse is a great case and channels the sound to the front of the Galaxy S4.

Check this link:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2962529

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:
    JohnT3