Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Otterbox Defender...wth?

Now, let me clarify, I have a Otterbox Defender on my Galaxy Note 2, bought barely 3 months ago. And while under regular light/angles, etc, you often don't see anything on the screen protector, under a angle under sunlight, say, its kind of horrifying to see all the scratches on it, and so forth. To further clarify, the only thing that touches my phone screen is my S-pen, and sometimes my finger. Hell, I keep it in the belt holster IN MY POCKET. So, is this just inevitable, and only really annoying if you're looking at your phone in direct sunlight, etc?

Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Default Re: Otterbox Defender...wth?

Quote Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
    Now, let me clarify, I have a Otterbox Defender on my Galaxy Note 2, bought barely 3 months ago. And while under regular light/angles, etc, you often don't see anything on the screen protector, under a angle under sunlight, say, its kind of horrifying to see all the scratches on it, and so forth. To further clarify, the only thing that touches my phone screen is my S-pen, and sometimes my finger. Hell, I keep it in the belt holster IN MY POCKET. So, is this just inevitable, and only really annoying if you're looking at your phone in direct sunlight, etc?
    Are you talking about the case or the screen?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank God its the screen protector part of the Defender case, in that regard, its doing its job. But I'm suprised at how much scratches at the like wind up on the screen protector itself, in that regard, when the only thing that touches it is 80% of the time is the S-pen, and the other 20% is my fingertip. Not even nail, just fingertip. Now, again, you don't see this unless you're looking at it in direct sunlight, but I would have figured the screen protector part of a Otterbox 60 dollar case would be more scratch-proof, even by the S-pen or a finger.

Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Thank God its the screen protector part of the Defender case, in that regard, its doing its job. But I'm suprised at how much scratches at the like wind up on the screen protector itself, in that regard, when the only thing that touches it is 80% of the time is the S-pen, and the other 20% is my fingertip. Not even nail, just fingertip. Now, again, you don't see this unless you're looking at it in direct sunlight, but I would have figured the screen protector part of a Otterbox 60 dollar case would be more scratch-proof, even by the S-pen or a finger.
    It's bound to happen. On my phone, no matter what screen protector I use, eventually scratches will be visible.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, thats depressing. Im guessing showing the images of the screen protector condition after 3 months to otterbox wouldn't make them do a replacement, heh?

Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Well, thats depressing. Im guessing showing the images of the screen protector condition after 3 months to otterbox wouldn't make them do a replacement, heh?
    Maybe. Doesn't it come with a warranty?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Im not sure, I know someone told me something about otterbox stuff but damn if I can remember.

That's kind of the purpose of a screen protector. To be sacrificial, it gets scratched instead of your actual screen. It's not glass, so it will get scratched. Just the dust on your finger will be harder than the protector and will scratch it. Even glass will get scratched, just not as much or as bad.
    The water repellent ones like the Defender are in a way worse since it's part of the case itself so not really replaceabe. Yeah, you could punch it out, but unless you can carefully glue a new on to the front case piece it will no longer be sealed.