Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to make phone visible in bright direct sun?

Subject line is the question. Today a bozo backed into my car. Using the phone to report it was a trial and tribulation. Even getting in the car and placing the sun visor above the phone provided little relief.
    I was using my Moto x with a screen protector.
    Is there some special brand of protector or some phone setting trick to make the phone screen visible in sun or will I just never be able to use my Android phones outside?

Looking forward to a solution.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Proud Member of #TeamAndroid!

Default Re: How to make phone visible in bright direct sun?

When I set the brightness to max I have never had a terrible amount of trouble reading the screen.

There is a kind of screen protector called private screen protector, is a kind of black screen protector which can be used well under strong light.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Zedora thank you. Such a simple solution. I always set brightness low to conserve battery but now I know to just turn it up in bright sun.

I will also check out that item Sophia. That way I could keep the brightness setting on the low side.

Thank you both.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Zedora
    Today when trying to adjust the brightness to check phone outside in car it would not adjust.

I pulled down the notification panel and tapped on the brightness icon but the adjustment bar did not show as before. Actually tried over a dozen times and nothing.

Went to settings but could not find brightness adjustment.

Guess this is the way to end what has been a helluva week. Argh.

Happy Mother's Day to all.

Quote Originally Posted by SonDan View Post
    Zedora
    Today when trying to adjust the brightness to check phone outside in car it would not adjust.

I pulled down the notification panel and tapped on the brightness icon but the adjustment bar did not show as before. Actually tried over a dozen times and nothing.

Went to settings but could not find brightness adjustment.

Guess this is the way to end what has been a helluva week. Argh.

Happy Mother's Day to all.

Actually I thought the same thing the first few times but my wife pointed out it was lower than expected. Yeah it was just lower on the screen and I completely missed it. Plus if you have it set real low as I do you almost can't see the bar at all in bright light. It also disappears after like 4 secs if you don't touch it fast enough. Try setting it in doors then go outside.

I hope I am right because otherwise something is wrong if it isn't showing up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Actually I thought the same thing the first few times but my wife pointed out it was lower than expected. Yeah it was just lower on the screen and I completely missed it. Plus if you have it set real low as I do you almost can't see the bar at all in bright light. It also disappears after like 4 secs if you don't touch it fast enough. Try setting it in doors then go outside.

I hope I am right because otherwise something is wrong if it isn't showing up at all.
    Your completely right you need to set it indoors or inside a car or something.

Posted via Android Central App

Unhappy Re: How to make phone visible in bright direct sun?

I always set the brightness setting to lowest as well and always have a hard time to even change the setting up when I'm outside because the screen is literally almost all black. I'll be glad If there is a screen protector that can help with this problem, too much of a hassle to switch the brightness setting.

Even on the brightest setting, the screen is virtually darkened out in direct sunlight. I tried to take pics at Venice Beach and could not see my screen! Is there a certain brand of screen protector to answer this? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App
    Fait Accompli