Screen Protector question

crowhop13

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I just applied this thin plastic screen protector on my Note 3 and was curious if having small pieces of dust or lint in would leave permanent marks on the screen over time? I am using Super Shieldz Screen Guards and could not get every piece of debris away. There are a couple small bubbles where something landed before I could seal it and don't want it to somehow mess up the actual screen. There aren't enough to really effect the visibility all that much, but I'm paranoid so...Thanks.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I just applied this thin plastic screen protector on my Note 3 and was curious if having small pieces of dust or lint in would leave permanent marks on the screen over time? I am using Super Shieldz Screen Guards and could not get every piece of debris away. There are a couple small bubbles where something landed before I could seal it and don't want it to somehow mess up the actual screen. There aren't enough to really effect the visibility all that much, but I'm paranoid so...Thanks.

Honestly, I think we've gotten to the point where we don't need screen protectors on our phones, so having a little dust against the screen isn't really going to hurt anything unless you're putting a lot of pressure on that specific spec of dirt.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I think we've gotten to the point where we don't need screen protectors on our phones, so having a little dust against the screen isn't really going to hurt anything unless you're putting a lot of pressure on that specific spec of dirt.
I thought the same and went screen protector[less] with the "other" cell I had for 29 months. Looking at the screen's surface, there's no visible scratches (to my naked eye) and it rubs/wipes cleanly with a MicroFiber Cloth. And that's with it going in and out of my pockets for the duration that I've had it.

Since I've gotten the SGN.IV, I'm trying out the VZW Screen Protector the fellow put on it and interestingly enough I do see dust underneath even after the application. I'll have to remedy this. One thing I do notice with this specific screen protector is that the S Pen seems to "drag" across the surface and not glide.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
One thing I do notice with this specific screen protector is that the S Pen seems to "drag" across the surface and not glide.

Yeah, I have yet to find a screen protector that works well with any stylus. I had a protector on my Dell Venue 8 Pro and quickly got rid of it because it made the pen all goofy. I've made the decision to go naked, at least on the screen, and I don't regret it at all.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I have yet to find a screen protector that works well with any stylus. I had a protector on my Dell Venue 8 Pro and quickly got rid of it because it made the pen all goofy. I've made the decision to go naked, at least on the screen, and I don't regret it at all.
Interesting. Does that include the "glass" screen protectors also? Just curious to know that's all.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Does that include the "glass" screen protectors also? Just curious to know that's all.

Are you asking if the glass protectors monkey with the pen? With a dedicated pen, I honestly don't know. I haven't had a chance to use one on my Dell, nor do I have a smartphone with a dedicated stylus. I did have the glass protector on my Nexus 5 since the person I bought it from had one. It was picking up dirt around the edges of the protector so I took it off, so if you're asking if I am avoiding glass protectors, yeah, but I don't mind them nearly as much as the self healing gummy plastic ones.