Vertical Holster for Extended Life Battery?

CRitter

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I got a holster for my Charge with the extended life battery that just fits, for some other phone, but it is a horizontal carry on my belt and drives me to distraction. There wasn't anything in the Verizon store that fit for vertical carry.

Has anyone found a vertical carry belt holster for the Charge with the extended battery?

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's ridiculous that the extended battery gets zero accessory support from samsung or verizon. I haven't found a good hard case that I can wear on my belt for the charge + extended battery.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

bangpanther

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you find one, please let me know!

I have the Cellet vertical case for the Charge that does reasonably well with the regular battery. This past weekend I needed to take the extended battery traveling and I managed to stuff it into the Cellet, but it was wedged in tight and difficult to get in and out.

CRitter

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If you find one, please let me know!

I have the Cellet vertical case for the Charge that does reasonably well with the regular battery. This past weekend I needed to take the extended battery traveling and I managed to stuff it into the Cellet, but it was wedged in tight and difficult to get in and out.

Just how difficult is "difficult?" Did it improve at all over time as things stretched out?

bangpanther

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just how difficult is "difficult?" Did it improve at all over time as things stretched out?
The first few times I used both hands to make sure I didnt fumble it when it finally came free. By the end of the weekend I was doing it one handed, but I couldnt do it without pushing the power or the volume buttons during extraction. This isnt a problem if I am taking it out to check email, but if it was ringing I was always wondering if I had hung up on someone or whether I had to turn the screen back on in time to answer the call.

I am guessing the case would eventually become more loose, and that was my plan originally, however I was given a dock and the Charge wont fit on it with the extended battery installed. I am back to the stock battery now and plan to use that for daily driving and pull out the extended when Im traveling.

CRitter

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing the case would eventually become more loose, and that was my plan originally, however I was given a dock and the Charge wont fit on it with the extended battery installed. I am back to the stock battery now and plan to use that for daily driving and pull out the extended when Im traveling.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I travel a lot, so while I can use the regular battery here at home, I just am not home all that much. :-(

CRitter

May 26, 2011
Visit site
FYI, This is what I got based on suggestion from another forum:

Amazon.com: Samsung Droid Charge Shell/Holster Combo W/ Kickstand: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Samsung Droid Charge Shell/Holster Combo W/ Kickstand: Cell Phones & Accessories

Got this case today. Works OK. Holds in the holster with about the same force as it does the regular case with shell installed. We'll just have to see how it lasts.

Would still prefer something with a flap to lessen possibility of loss, but this will do, at least for now. That would also better protect the phone. Biggest down side is there is no protection for the back of the phone and it is sure to get beat up, but that's pretty much a disposable item if necessary.

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
FYI, This is what I got based on suggestion from another forum:

Got this case today. Works OK. Holds in the holster with about the same force as it does the regular case with shell installed. We'll just have to see how it lasts.

Would still prefer something with a flap to lessen possibility of loss, but this will do, at least for now. That would also better protect the phone. Biggest down side is there is no protection for the back of the phone and it is sure to get beat up, but that's pretty much a disposable item if necessary.

Isn't this the regular hard shell/case for the droid charge with stock battery?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary