Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What case are you using on your Charge?

I have been using a tpu plastic case on my fascinate and I absolutely love it. Adds very little bulk and offers great protection. Even though I don't have the Charge yet (#@$% delay) I went ahead and got a tpu case and car charger combo from ebay. Looking forward to using it when the phone gets released.

I bought the same case in green and it sucks. Its hard to hit the buttons and have no idea when you actually do. The case looks cool but its one of the worst I have seen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by moondrius View Post
    I bought the same case in green and it sucks. Its hard to hit the buttons and have no idea when you actually do. The case looks cool but its one of the worst I have seen.
    Sorry to hear that. I guess I have gotten used to it using it for so long on my fasc, and pressing the buttons thru the case doesn't bother me at all. So what are you running now? Naked?

Yeah. The case is not a good fit. The button cutouts do not have enough padding to make it feel right.

I got the same case in black for when I get my phone until Seidio releases their case for it, then I'll switch to that.

so as of right now there are no good cases for the Charge?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Bld 33

I got the power and protection pack from Verizon and it is great so far. Hard shell and holster. The shell has a kickstand that works in portrait or landscape orientation. Very nice combo.

Picture please...

Quote Originally Posted by scubaz71 View Post
    I got the power and protection pack from Verizon and it is great so far. Hard shell and holster. The shell has a kickstand that works in portrait or landscape orientation. Very nice combo.
    How is the feel of it? And do you by chance have pictures?

ROM
    EE4/Gummy 1.75/PBJ

Due to the lack of skins/cases on the market right now, I just went with the Verizon silicone skin so that I wouldn't scratch it up too bad while we wait for a better option.

They had about five in the store and we tried them all, pretty shoddy fit and the manager just gave me one and said he was going to send them back. I'm curious if this was just a bad batch or if anyone else has tried one?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I got the bundle at the Verizon store as well. I'm picky about cases, and still am extremely happy with this hardshell cover. I'm not using the clip part at all.

Here are some pics, hopefully show how slim it is.

Droid Charge Case - Imgur

Quote Originally Posted by joereist View Post
    I got the bundle at the Verizon store as well. I'm picky about cases, and still am extremely happy with this hardshell cover. I'm not using the clip part at all.

That case looks awesome. How does it feel, do you think it would protect the phone if it fell on the ground?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by joereist View Post

Wish they had that at my Verizon store. The one they had with a clip could not be removed or used as a stand. I may go back to see if they have this model and do an exchange or buy one if I have to. I like the way the clip folds flat into the case

ROM
    EE4/Gummy 1.8.1/PBJT

I have the same case from the Verizon store. Has a kickstand which is awesome. The hard plastic on the back seems to prevent minor falls but it isn't otterbox like protection. Depends what you are looking for, but the added kickstand and the pretty good plastic case works for me. I will try to add additional pictures along with the product's sku number.
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts

just ordered my charge and got the protection pack...tried one in the store and it feels great

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I got the Verizon shell/holster combo. Doesn't add a lot of bulk and still allows easy access to the buttons. Full cases go up and somewhat block the outer buttons. It also makes it less likely to hit the power button when changing volume and vice versa. I also like the kickstand. One of the only things I missed from the thunderbolt.

I went back to the VZW store and got the case with the kickstand, its great.

THX mrblahblah

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scubaz71 View Post
    i have the same one and its a great case...its pretty thin so it does not make the phone bulky. i also like how it slides into the holster instead of snapping in. just so other readers know the inside of the holster has a velvet like material and the edge of the case i slightly raised just enogh that the screen does not make contact what soever to the holster to prevent scratching or damage when sliding in.

Default poorly made verizon silicone case

I tried the verizon silicone skin, but the microphone hole at bottom did not line up quite right AND there was no cutout for the hdmi. No access unless i removed the case. Also, there is a hole above the volume control for a carrying strap. I have never used a strap, but thought it might be handy. Are they reliable, or do they come out and make you drop the phone?

ROM
    HumbleComb 1.5/PPJ OC

I had the silicone case and it was horrible. It would slip off while I was taking it out of my pocket and it made the phone feel overly bulky. Picked up the Kickstand case and like it a lot but didn't like the no top and bottom protection without the clip cover. I did just find out that you can remove the clip withe a flat head screwdriver and a little pressure if you are like me and will never use the belt clip.

ROM
    Stock

im using a TPU case from ebay for $5.95. Absolutely awesome case!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    im using a TPU case from ebay for $5.95. Absolutely awesome case!
    Like the one in the OP?

ROM
    Stock

same case different pattern. I dont have the problem with the buttons like the other member, it actually increases the sensitivity using the buttons.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardKansas View Post
    I tried the verizon silicone skin, but the microphone hole at bottom did not line up quite right AND there was no cutout for the hdmi. No access unless i removed the case. Also, there is a hole above the volume control for a carrying strap. I have never used a strap, but thought it might be handy. Are they reliable, or do they come out and make you drop the phone?
    The case works perfect if I put the bottom in first, it is lined up correct. The top must.be last and it pops n very securely. I like its fit and it is very tight and snug. Not my style but keeps the phone protected for now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

I got the Verizon silicon case and mine fits very well and has a cutout for the HDMI port, something from other reviews I read on here seems to be lacking in other cases. My only complaint with this case is it can be a little slick in the hands but it also feels like good protection in the phone were dropped.
    Droid Charge
    Eclipse v1.2/ imnuts PBJ OTB Edn
    If you like what I say, hit the Thanks button!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast