Verizon screen protector, does it cover the whole screen?

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Verizon screen protector, does it cover the whole screen? or should I look at using the invisibleshield for the charge? looks like there aren't many options for this phone currently...

davel2430

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I bought the screen protector directly from the Verizon store when I bought the phone. It covers/fits the entire screen perfectly.

climbak

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if they make multiple types, but I got the anti-glare cover they had in my local store. It covers the active screen area, but the surrounding area is left unprotected. Doesn't matter too much since it's gorilla glass, except that i have already caught the edge of the cover several times with a fingernail. Won't be too long till it peels off. I'll be getting a different protector as soon as this one is toast.

sv_one

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if they make multiple types, but I got the anti-glare cover they had in my local store. It covers the active screen area, but the surrounding area is left unprotected. Doesn't matter too much since it's gorilla glass, except that i have already caught the edge of the cover several times with a fingernail. Won't be too long till it peels off. I'll be getting a different protector as soon as this one is toast.
I have one similar to this but it isn't anti-glare; bought it from VZ store. As the phone has Gorilla Glass, I'm probably going to let this one wear out and leave it unprotected. All the cover really does is lessen the impact of the screen.

[By the way, the salesperson would not put the screen protector on for me. I had bought a different phone two weeks prior (well, 13 days prior :>), and they put the protector on for me. I asked him why he wouldn't do it and he said VZ policy change.]

ScottDroid

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I bought the screen protector directly from the Verizon store when I bought the phone. It covers/fits the entire screen perfectly.

Well I bouught from verizon also...it DOES NOT COVER THE ENTIRE SCREEN !! Only the viewable part of the screen. there are spaces above and below that ARE NOT PROTECTED !!

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I bouught from verizon also...it DOES NOT COVER THE ENTIRE SCREEN !! Only the viewable part of the screen. there are spaces above and below that ARE NOT PROTECTED !!

+1...If you buy the 3-pack screen protector from Verizon it only covers the actual displayable area, which is ******ed if you ask me.

turkishcoffee

May 31, 2011
Visit site
invisibleSHIELD

I just bought my Charge yesterday from Best Buy and got their bundle which included the Zagg invisibleSHIELD. They installed it for me and it covers the entire screen (apart from a 1mm space from one edge and the bottom, which would have been slightly less if the installation had been perfectly symmetrical).

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Why ummm... use screen protectors on a phone that has Gorilla Glass? Its like putting bullet proof tires on a M1 tank. I guess whatever you wanna waste your money on. Good for the economy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droidable

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Why ummm... use screen protectors on a phone that has Gorilla Glass? Its like putting bullet proof tires on a M1 tank. I guess whatever you wanna waste your money on. Good for the economy.

I dunno about this glass. I somehow have two small scratches on my screen. They aren't very big but they are deep enough to feel with your fingernail. Needless to say I got screen protectors today.

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the Verizon screen protectors when I got my Charge and they SUCK! Like mentioned before, they don't cover the entire screen, just the viewable area. The other thing that bothered me was the matte finish, in my opinion it ruined the overall look for the Super Amoled screen. I took mine off by the end of day 1.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Really?! Urg. Guess I'll have to be careful then.

I dunno about this glass. I somehow have two small scratches on my screen. They aren't very big but they are deep enough to feel with your fingernail. Needless to say I got screen protectors today.

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Im with you, I dont think th is is gorrila glass, who says it does? I read someone dtopped it once in the first 10 min of owning it and it shattered...not chancing it...jeeping it n a silicone case even though I dont like it and keepjng the stupid vzw protectir on so I dont scratch it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the VZ protectors when I bought the phone because it's too easy to put it in my pants pocket and forget I have my keys in there already (ask me how I know this :mad:).

True they only fit the viewable area but why do you need to cover the black area anyway. If that's a concern then get a full case.
At least for now I personally like the Matt finish as it's easier to view outdoors.
Since they don't come right out to the edge there is less of a chance to catch an edge with a fingernail too.

My package only came with two for $12.99 unless there is another one stuck together. I thought the package had 3, but I can't seem to find it right now.

One of the nice features of these particular protectors is they are a cinch to put on. Since they are thick enough, you don't have to deal with smoothing out all the tiny bubbles that I always got with some of the cheap ones. Easy to hold between your fingers while installing one. The flimsy ones always seem to catch some oil off my finger and never stick in that area.

I've bought expensive ones for other devices and then at a later date the phone screws up and they send you a refurb. No one ever offered me a refund on those expensive ones that I had to peel off and throw away, so now I only use ones that only cost a few dollars each.

Last edited:

sfac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
When I got mine at the Verizon store with my phone, I asked the rep if he'd put it on for me. He did & did a pretty good job.