High Capacity Battery for Charge

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
With the biggest complaint about the Charge (and other Smartphones) being battery life, I ordered and received the new Samsung extended life battery. Of course the guy entering the order at Verizon entered the wrong extended battery back, so I have to wait another couple of days before using it, but at least it's charged and waiting.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has gotten this battery and what their experience has been. Other than battery life, I love the phone and prefer it to the 3 IPhones I've had previously.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Sweet. Post a pic when you get it. I want to see how much larger the phone becomes with this! I'm happy to see a extended battery cover comes along with these!

Are there any other, higher mAh options out there which fit in the stock Charge case?

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ellje, actually the 2600ma battery doesn't come with an extended battery cover. That will cost you an addition $7-8.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the new cases will follow just as the high capacity battery followed the stock battery. If you're not comfortable with carrying the phone 'naked' for awhile, then the high capacity battery may not be for you at this point.

To me it's fine since I never carry anything in the pocket I use for my phones. My phones stay pristine that way.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the new cases will follow just as the high capacity battery followed the stock battery. If you're not comfortable with carrying the phone 'naked' for awhile, then the high capacity battery may not be for you at this point.

To me it's fine since I never carry anything in the pocket I use for my phones. My phones stay pristine that way.

Yeah definitely not comfortable because I have terrible luck and a bad track record with phones :)

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
And you're going into medicine because? I don't want to leave the hospital with your phone in me. I kid. ;)

On topic - I'm curious what it looks like. I probably won't need it but I at least want to see it. More interested in the bigger batteries that fit the original case.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
What are the bigger batteries that fit in the original case? How did they do that?? I assume these are 3rd party batteries?

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey all i also just bought the extended 2600 mah battery with back sold separately, and it came in the mail today, I'm not sure how much i will use it considering i prefer to have a case on my phone, and i already bought the dock with extra battery,but it helps to have a 22 % corporate discount so it wasn't too bad, especially for those times when you need maximum battery life, ill post some pics of what it looks like tonight, ill report back later with results when i can fully test it.

Still haven't got to testing the battery, but here are some pictures, One thing i cant wrap my head around is how 2 standard batteries adds up to 3200 Mah but are Slimmer then one 2600 ? i thought this with the size of the incredible 2150 Mah vs standard 1300 Mah, or even a 1500 Mah, that as MAh is increased i feel the batteries Inflate the size to Mah ratio, but i don't know anything about it, just my opinion, judge the pictures for yourself, and i apologize for the quality, they where taken from my old incredible.

To ken MY 2600 Mah is Samsung OEM

Last edited:

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Back Cover Pics

Sorry to break up my picture post but i did forget a few. here's pictures with the back Cover, Ken i hope these pictures are what you where looking for, if not let me know I really only got these pics online so others may be informed to make better decisions for themselves on how they might feel about the batteries.

mrblahblah

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to break up my picture post but i did forget a few. here's pictures with the back Cover, Ken i hope these pictures are what you where looking for, if not let me know I really only got these pics online so others may be informed to make better decisions for themselves on how they might feel about the batteries.

Is it that much heaver?

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I felt the weight with the extended battery sans the cover and it wasn't too bad. But since I don't have the back yet, I was curious to see dabomb420's pix (thanks dabomb!) and it does look kinda weird. I'm a little disappointed it looks so damn fat. Oh well, the back is coming over the next day or two and I'll give it a shot.

In the meantime I got the desk charger with the extra spare battery and I can use that too. When I'm on a trip, the fatso battery might work nicely.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
What kind of battery life are you guys looking for? Many members are reporting over 10 hours a day with normal use, pending a few settings adjustments. How much more does one really need?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
What kind of battery life are you guys looking for? Many members are reporting over 10 hours a day with normal use, pending a few settings adjustments. How much more does one really need?

Maybe someone who travels a lot or is not near a charger often needs a battery to go 12, 15, 20 hours...

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I really wish it were feasible to use the device however we intend to and still get an entire day, minimum.... that is, from 6am to 11pm, with room to spare. I can get that much when on 3g, but I suspect that my use is less than a lot of people.

We really should be desiring more in this regard, as a person shouldn't have to tether themselves to a wall outlet 2-3 times daily... IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze