Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

Default Extended battery

Just wondering if anyone has the extended battery and how they feel about it. I am contemplating on getting it but could not find a picture or video of the charge with it on. But if the performance is significant then I will be willing to sacrifice the slimness.

Default Re: Extended battery

So I personally didnt do the extended battery, but i did get the charging dock, It comes with a second battery and between heavy game/browsing this is saving me. I work in a 1930's building with 18 inch poured concrete walls, so my battery drains there a lot from searching for service.

The live wallpaper was killing my battery, so i ditched that, even though i loved it. These are just the things I've done to save juice and keep my phone working

I got the extended battery and cover for when I travel and know I may need extended life. I have been unplugged almost 10 hours with no wifi or gps, but full 4g entire time. Heavy email and casual browsing and sitting at 56%. Considering the extended battery is about a 60% boost that is pretty awesome. Day to day I plan on using standard battery so I can use my otter box commuter case.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Can you post a pic of the phone with the extended battery on? how much thicker is it?
    Droid Charge
    Eclipse v1.2/ imnuts PBJ OTB Edn
    If you like what I say, hit the Thanks button!

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I'm leaning more toward the 1800 mah one. Also considering this 2600 one but I have docks at home and work and car that would be useless

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

They really need to start making docks that can take the extended battery as well. I see so many people who buy extended batteries it is crazy that they do not have more accessories for them out of the gate
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    They really need to start making docks that can take the extended battery as well. I see so many people who buy extended batteries it is crazy that they do not have more accessories for them out of the gate
    Motorola makes their docks and cases compatible with the extended battery. It is a shame that Samsung doesn't do that as well.

ROM
    Altered Beast V4

Quote Originally Posted by jkeene81 View Post
    Can you post a pic of the phone with the extended battery on? how much thicker is it?
    I'll get you one up tonight when the wife brings her phone for a couple of comparison shots

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

awesome thanks!
    Droid Charge
    Eclipse v1.2/ imnuts PBJ OTB Edn
    If you like what I say, hit the Thanks button!

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    Altered Beast 4.1.1

I love the extended battery but can not find a case or silicon rap from any one. shattered my 1st Charge day 7 so I'm very concerned for a sure grip. I melted the Verizon 3 prong waist clip and it holds fine but still no protection while in hand
    the first to make one will get rich for our neck of the woods for sure
    praying otter box will make one even there commuter would be GREAT
    the standard battery just is not what they say I gave many try's but had to charge mid day

ROM
    Altered Beast V4

Here are some quick pics.

I can't find a case for the extended battery nor will it work with any of the docks. So those are some negs. but it balances nice in the hand and goes all day. Not to bad in a pair of jeans pocket either. Hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanked by 2:

WOW, a lot thicker than I expected. But the results sound good.

ROM
    EE4 debloated v4.2.1

I'm still waiting for the hard case before buying the extended battery. I drop my phone all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
    WOW, a lot thicker than I expected. But the results sound good.
    Pictures is misleading, yes the phone is thicker, but feels real good in the hand, woudl be nice if there was a decent case for it, even a simple gel case. I took the cheap VZ gel case and cut out back where battery extends and it works nice. I did this becasue the bare phone is a bit slippery and I fear it slipping out of my had and dropping it.

Quote Originally Posted by tintn00 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the hard case before buying the extended battery. I drop my phone all of the time.
    Well if anyone is interested i have an extended battery and extended battery door for sale. They are practically brand new. I didnt like the thickness of the phone with it on. Shoot me a PM if youre interested!

Quote Originally Posted by ehernandez View Post
    Well if anyone is interested i have an extended battery and extended battery door for sale. They are practically brand new. I didnt like the thickness of the phone with it on. Shoot me a PM if youre interested!
    I can't PM, I just joined, but Hey I would love to snag that Extended battery and cover from you. Please let me know your price and if Paypal is cool!

ROM
    EE4 debloated v4.2.1

Verizon had a sale this past weekend, extended battery + door = $40. Not sure if it's still going.

Quote Originally Posted by newmanoconnor View Post
    I can't PM, I just joined, but Hey I would love to snag that Extended battery and cover from you. Please let me know your price and if Paypal is cool!
    I apologize but its sold. Sorry for not getting to you sooner.

I have the desktop docking station as well with the extra battery charging spot. However mine did not come with the extra battery? was it supposed to?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk