Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does the charger adapter make a difference? Don't want to hurt my battery....

I might be getting a charging dock, but i want to be able to put my phone on the dock without it always charging so I would get a usb charger adapter with an off/on button. Are all adapters the same, or some safer, or faster, slower, risky, what. Big tia.

Looking at this one right now:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=WjA-NsbE

And since i'm on the topic, what determines the speed of the charger, the amps? or the watts.

update, so now i've come across this site, http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-doze...-apple-is.htmland i guess cheapo usb power adapters are not the way to go. I could use my regular provided usb power adapter and add power extension with the scroll off/on switch, would that be safer? or would have it's own issues

Global Posts
    13,135 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Does the charger adapter make a difference? Don't want to hurt my battery....

OEMs always recommend the charger the device came with and/or OEM replacement. However, I think it's OK to go with reputable manufacturers and stay away from replacement chargers that are dirt cheap and/or unbranded. My opinion is to spend the extra money on something you know will be safe.

Default Re: Does the charger adapter make a difference? Don't want to hurt my battery....

Just got one for 15$ from eBay with NFC. S4 mini here