Does the charger adapter make a difference? Don't want to hurt my battery....
I might be getting a charging dock, but i want to be able to put my phone on the dock without it always charging so I would get a usb charger adapter with an off/on button. Are all adapters the same, or some safer, or faster, slower, risky, what. Big tia.
Looking at this one right now:
And since i'm on the topic, what determines the speed of the charger, the amps? or the watts.
update, so now i've come across this site, http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-doze...-apple-is.htmland i guess cheapo usb power adapters are not the way to go. I could use my regular provided usb power adapter and add power extension with the scroll off/on switch, would that be safer? or would have it's own issues
Last edited by paisley99; 11-23-2013 at 11:55 AM.
- 11-29-2013, 08:30 PM #2
Re: Does the charger adapter make a difference? Don't want to hurt my battery....
OEMs always recommend the charger the device came with and/or OEM replacement. However, I think it's OK to go with reputable manufacturers and stay away from replacement chargers that are dirt cheap and/or unbranded. My opinion is to spend the extra money on something you know will be safe.
- 12-09-2013, 07:47 AM #3
- By edfdave in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 12-16-2013, 02:21 AM
- By dazed_android in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 4Last Post: 11-24-2013, 12:10 AM
- By sanssouci509 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 11-23-2013, 10:03 PM
- By jehu01 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 11-23-2013, 11:08 AM
- By Continuum88 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 11-23-2013, 11:07 AM