How to turn off the Xiaomi Powerbank 10400mAh?

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

As the title states, how do I turn off the Xiaomi Powerbank? I get blinking leds once I press the power button but I'm not sure what that means. If I press the button while charging my phone, it stops charging until I release my finger again. The manual included is in Chinese obvously, but I don't get a word of it since I'm European.
Is there an English manual somewhere or can someone who understands Chinese/figured it out himself or herself tell me the answer maybe?

Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you press and hold the power button? Do the LEDs go off after a few seconds?

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It just stops blinking until I release my hold again, but I think I've got it figured out. If I press the power button, the leds will blink 10 times and then they'll stay off again, same procedure for when my phone is plugged in and charging only if I charge it, the blinking of the leds won't stop. Once I unplug my phone, it'll blink 10 times. At the tenth time, the leds stay on for a bit longer than the usual blinking rate and then it turns off. I think the power button is mainly to check for the battery level by toggling the leds, as it seems it knows when it's charging and when it's not.

amarjeet singh5

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
your reply actually helped me here,but i fully charged my power bank today morning at home when i came back in evening and wished to use my power bank i found that power bank is showing half charging and it should be full charged here at this point.

prasunparihar

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Brother. Actually Waterdroid is right. This things happened with me. But I followed his procedure and found it correct. Actually the power bank never sleeps but it gets turn off when you plugged out your phone. And when you connect your phone then it will automatically connects.

Udit aggarwal 1

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
So,according to waterdroid that power bank never turns off, so there is no advantage of buying power banks cause when not of use it will drain battery .

Matvey Andrienko

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
So,according to waterdroid that power bank never turns off, so there is no advantage of buying power banks cause when not of use it will drain battery .

The battery won't drain as there's nothing to drain it. In phones battery is used by background processes, WiFi and radio interface. Power banks have none of these things.

Stella mary

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have been using this powerbank since a year or so.. I didn't have any problem with it.. And it used to automatically switch off after 10 blinks as you guys said..

Since yesterday it's nt happening so.. It is blinking continuously.. Dono what's wrong.. Can some one suggest?

Thank you!

scubascuba3

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have been using this powerbank since a year or so.. I didn't have any problem with it.. And it used to automatically switch off after 10 blinks as you guys said..

Since yesterday it's nt happening so.. It is blinking continuously.. Dono what's wrong.. Can some one suggest?

Thank you!

Mine has just started flashing one LED only, usually when charging it goes up, one,two,three etc LEDs. Anyone have a clue what one only means? Maybe not charging and gubbed?

Serville

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Actually I have similar question, and frankly I have not yet found a definite answer.
My Xiaomi 10500 mah always drains itself unused in storage. From fully charge, the indicator shows only 3 blinking led after just 4-5 days, 2 blinking led after about 2 weeks, 1 blinking led after about 1 month. I have tried to research about this, and it seems some powerbanks never actually turn itself off in storage. They just seem to fall into sleep mode, ready to charge immediately as soon as it detects some demand from the USB port. And that is why some manufacturers have what the call "Standby time".
The drawback is , the powerbank constantly discharge itself during standby / sleep mode.
I really hate this Xiaomi powerbank.
I only use powerbank once every 1 or 2 weeks. And everytime I need to bring it with me, the powerbank capacity only shows 50-75% capacity left because it drains itself in storage. It beats the purpose of buying a 10500 mah powerbank when everytime I try to use it, I only have 5000-6000 mah left in it.

My previous powerbank did not do this !!!
It didn't automatically charge when I connected a phone with charging cable to the charging port, but I had to physically pressed the power button to wake it up and start charging the phone. It didn't lose its charge during storage, even after 2 months in my drawer unused, the powerbank capacity indicator still showed fully charged when I turned it on. The only little inconvenience is that you have to press the power button manually to wake it up & start charging the phone.

Now, the question is, do we actually have 2 kinds of powerbank based on how it operates ? One that only sleeps to automatically start charging a phone , and another with manual power on ?
If yes, it really bugs me to see no manufacturer mention anything about this fact.

Note: the power button in Xiaomi 10400mah powerbank does not seem to be used for Power On/Off the powerbank. It doesn't actually turn off...only sleeps. The power button seems to be used only for the purpose to check the battery capacity.

Konark Jha

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

As the title states, how do I turn off the Xiaomi Powerbank? I get blinking leds once I press the power button but I'm not sure what that means. If I press the button while charging my phone, it stops charging until I release my finger again. The manual included is in Chinese obvously, but I don't get a word of it since I'm European.
Is there an English manual somewhere or can someone who understands Chinese/figured it out himself or herself tell me the answer maybe?

Thanks in advance.

no need to worry about it has auto power save option which will auto shutdown power bank when not in use

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781