Cheap eBay Qi Chargers...?

RookM1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up a Nexus 5 and looking to outfit the house and office with some charging pads and noticed the prices vary quite a bit...from around $2 all the way to $50ish.

My first stop for this type of accessory is typically eBay, has anyone had experience, bad or good, with any of the super cheap Qi charging pads from eBay?

Is there a price threshold I should be suspicious of? Are there any key words I should look for (some of them mention "3 coils")?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted via the Android Central App

way2broke

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
No offense to anyone, but most items marked extremely cheap coming from China may be counterfeit . Contact seller and ask if it is a replica or oem original... Most will respond.... Then it's up to you. Been burned before, and eBay makes you pay return shipping!! Hope this helps.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
No offense to anyone, but most items marked extremely cheap coming from China may be counterfeit . Contact seller and ask if it is a replica or oem original... Most will respond.... Then it's up to you. Been burned before, and eBay makes you pay return shipping!! Hope this helps.

True on this point since most of the reputable sellers do want to keep their business running and have a reputation to uphold. Personally, I do contact the seller before proceeding with any of my purchases off eBay. In regards to the Samsung Qi Wireless Chargers I purchased, the eBay sellers (from Korea) did respond promptly stating that the aforementioned sale item) are in fact genuine OEM Samsung Qi Charger(s). After knowing this and marinating for a time then I made/make the decision to buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz