Why doesn't my Samsung 6 charge?

A

AC Question

why doesnt my samsung 6 charge

brand new samsung 6 and went flat today and now it will not charge. I have tried several different chargers and cords

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why doesnt my samsung 6 charge

Welcome to Android Central.

When you say it went flat, do you mean that you allowed the battery to discharge fully, or that this occurred beyond your control? If the latter, return under the terms of the warranty....the battery may be defective and would probably simply be replaced, though the fault may lie elsewhere
If the former, a full intentional discharge of the battery, if done regularly, is bad practice and will shorten its life. It may also be difficult or impossible to get it to accept a charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why doesnt my samsung 6 charge

If the battery actually went flat (zero charge), it's no longer a battery. The thing that keeps the cell inside connected to the terminals on the outside depends on their being some charge left. If you somehow managed to fully drain the battery (which is almost impossible, but not totally impossible), the terminals aren't connected to anything.

Never allow a lithium battery to drop below 40% before recharging it. I know - we all want as much battery life as possible. But the laws of chemistry are what they are, we can't change them, and letting the battery go below 50% charge shortens its lifespan. 40% doesn't shorten it by very much. 30% will. 5%? Maybe 6 months and you'll be replacing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool