Chrome the Nexus 6P heater?

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much ever since using the 6P (I got it mid-November) Chrome has been the single app that immediately caused the temperature to go up (not to an uncomfortable extent but noticeable), despite rarely using more than 2 tabs (usually just one) and browsing mobile versions of sites like Android Central (I use the app now), The Verge, Politico, The Telegraph (UK) and The New York Times. I'm aware of the Snapdragon 810's well known heat issues but Chrome, Pokémon Go and the camera (after recording 4K for 5+ minutes or taking over lots of HDR+ photos in rapid succession) are literally the only apps that cause this phone to heat up to a noticeable degree.

I've recently been using TugaBrowser, Chromium based browser optimised for Snapdragon based devices and I have not experienced the same amount of heating that Chrome causes.

Is anyone else experiencing this with Chrome on the 6P? I'm running Nougat DP5 but this was also occurring on Marshmallow so I do not attribute this to the Nougat developer preview.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I have in the past, and it leads to battery drain as well. It's never been bad enough for me to try another browser, but I may give TugaBrowser a try, especially since I'm trying to move to Edge browser on my laptop.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have in the past, and it leads to battery drain as well. It's never been bad enough for me to try another browser, but I may give TugaBrowser a try, especially since I'm trying to move to Edge browser on my laptop.

You can find it on XDA labs if you're interested.

DivideYourDay

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
In general I've felt like compared to other phones that I've had, the Nexus 6P, has been heating up way more frequently and more intensely. I've owned a Nexus 4 and Nexus 6 before and I didn't feel like the heat was a problem for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463