How to add bookmarks/items/most visited to the homepage?

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is even possible. But under the search bar Chrome will put sites you've visited. Is there any way to manually add a site?

It seems to be random at times how a site is added. I can visit a site multiple times a day for days and it won't get added, but if I visit another page from that site (like an article) only a couple of times then that link gets added but not the main site link.

Is there any app that will do this?

I don't want to add to my home screen. I like having it on Chrome's home page/new tab page.

Thanks.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You can add any site to favourites by tapping the three dots in top right corner of the screen, then tap the star ?????? icon...
Next time just go to bookmarks and open from there

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so, unfortunately. Google took away the ability to easily access your bookmarks from the New Tab page a while ago for unclear reasons. It's only two taps away, though (Menu>Bookmarks), and remember, if you still had the ability to access your bookmarks from the New Tab page, it would still require two taps (the tab management icon, then the "+" button to open a new tab; or, Menu>New Tab). This is assuming that you're using Chrome that isn't customized for Samsung devices (which has a Homepage button)

wenso smith

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
You can easily add any website to your favourites on your home page by clicking the star symbol on the right corner of the screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781