1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Toshiba Chromebook?

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has gotten their mitts on the new 13.3" Toshiba Chromebook and what their thoughts are on the device?

I may decide to pick one up from BestBuy this weekend when I hit the US but was hoping for some feedback first.

Thanks

Default Re: Toshiba Chromebook?

Don't know if you have actually bought this already, but I played with the Toshiba a little bit at BestBuy when I was shopping for my own Chromebook. I didn't get it because the Acer seemed like a better deal. But from what I could tell, the Toshiba was snappy and other than the screen being larger than the C720, the experience was identical. If you are interested in it, I would say get it. I love my Chromebook, and based on specs, the Toshiba is supposed to be better. For what it's worth, do not get the Samsung. I bought that last year as a family laptop, and I have had some issues with the video playback and using the Chromecast. Not having those issues with the Acer and didn't see those issues with the Toshiba when I played around with it.

Just received my Toshiba this weekend. Love it so far. My first chrome book.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tomen8r View Post

Congratulations!

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomen8r View Post

From what I've seen and read about the Toshiba Chromebook, you made a solid purchase.

Incidentally, I also own the Samsung Chromebook Series 3 (bought it in January 2013), and I still like and use it a lot.
    Android smartphones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid 2
    Android tablets: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T 16GB with keyboard dock
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I went to visit the US 2 days before the Toshiba was released so I settled on the C720. With that being said it has met my needs perfectly and I don't think I've touched a PC since.

Though I still think 13.3" would have been the sweet spot for me, oh well!

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

After the Toshiba got several favorable reviews, I had a slight bit of buyers remorse as I had been waiting on it ever since the first images leaked and everyone speculated it was probably a 13.3'' That size is still my ideal form factor. It was hard to argue the value proposition behind the 4G HP 14 though. $350 USD for a Haswell processor and 4 gigs of RAM is fantastic. Never mind the included cellular modem and free data.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I think the HP14 would have been a great value but I didn't want to roll the dice on the data functionality working in Canada (pretty sure I would have lost)

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post
    After the Toshiba got several favorable reviews, I had a slight bit of buyers remorse as I had been waiting on it ever since the first images leaked and everyone speculated it was probably a 13.3'' That size is still my ideal form factor. It was hard to argue the value proposition behind the 4G HP 14 though. $350 USD for a Haswell processor and 4 gigs of RAM is fantastic. Never mind the included cellular modem and free data.
    That is a great deal. And if you like the bigger screen, it is probably the best deal out now. I like the smaller form factor because it is easier to handle. I got really lucky with the C720 that it came with all the specs that I wanted at the cheapest price point.