Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts

Default Remote Desktop question - Chromebook to Mac

Hey guys, I don't really know where or how to ask.. I hardly know what I am doing here.

At work we use iMacs.. I don't know why because everything we do is on Parallels.... In particular I am a draftsman and use AutoCAD and Microstation.

I am trying to find a way to "remote" into the parallels side of my Mac at work so I can get some work done at home..

I have tried the Google Chrome remote desktop - which mostly works.. but not ideal when you need to be precise in a drafting program.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Default Re: Remote Desktop question - Chromebook to Mac

Microsoft just released remote desktop for android.
    Do not know if that would work.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by ibbyj View Post
    Hey guys, I don't really know where or how to ask.. I hardly know what I am doing here.

At work we use iMacs.. I don't know why because everything we do is on Parallels.... In particular I am a draftsman and use AutoCAD and Microstation.

I am trying to find a way to "remote" into the parallels side of my Mac at work so I can get some work done at home..

I have tried the Google Chrome remote desktop - which mostly works.. but not ideal when you need to be precise in a drafting program.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    What's the precision problem? Is it that the Chromebook's screen is too small, or resolution too low? If so, how about plugging your Chromebook into a 1080p monitor via HDMI? I'm not entirely sure, but I would guess that you'd be able to use the full resolution of the monitor, and hence get better resolution for your remote drafting.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts

Precision problem is that the chromebook's pointer and the mac's pointer seem to have trouble staying in line/sync with each other.

Also, in general lots of detail is lost in my drawings...point to point line drawings.

Resolution seems to autoscale on the Mac when my Chromebook connects.

Is there any way for you to do the CAD work on the OSX side, or does it have to be on Parallels? I wonder if the remote access works more smoothly when it's a direct connection with the native OS of the computer.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts

It's unfortunately only installed on the windows side of things.