Best option when using Chrome Remote Desktop
I currently have a 1st gen Samsung Chromebook, which has been great, but I'm ready for something a little more powerful.
As background, my 8 year old Lenovo recently started giving me some issues. Rather than buy a new laptop I set up all the Windows programs I needed on my media server and have been using Chrome Remote Desktop through the Chromebook (also hooked up to a 23" 1080p monitor) whenever I need to access one of said programs. For the most part it works well, but given that CRD is pretty processor intensive and its also driving a 23" 1080p screen I'm thinking something newer and more powerful would be better.
I guess what I need to know is whether one of the new celeron processors with 4 GB ram will be enough, or if I should go for one of the i3 machines. I'm also considering the Chromebox. My only hesitation there is that I lose portability, but with the Samsung still rocking along I could always revert to that if need be.
Any input or first hand experience using CRD on one of the new Chromebooks or Chromebox is appreciated.
- 06-03-2014, 04:20 AM #2
Re: Best option when using Chrome Remote Desktop
My guess is the i3 Dell Chromebook will be a speedy little machine that'll excel in Enterprise environments. You'll have to wait for any of these systems to come to market though so if you need a device right now, the Asus Chromebox is your best bet.
The Haswell celeron should be adequate with the real bottleneck being network latency but you will definitely see a difference between the i3 and the celeron.
Assuming you're only running one instance of the app, the RAM shouldn't make that much of a difference.
Posted via Android Central App
- By paparazzo79 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 6Last Post: 06-04-2014, 04:17 PM
- By BoredandTattooed in forum HTC One M7Replies: 3Last Post: 06-03-2014, 04:42 AM
- By tonyr6 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 06-03-2014, 01:10 AM
- By noiseordinance in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 06-02-2014, 07:30 PM
- By Velocitydreamer in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 0Last Post: 06-02-2014, 01:21 PM