samsung chromebook 2 - is it actually out yet?

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
so is the samsung chromebook 2 actually available to buy anywhere yet ? (in the UK).
i've seen many so-called release dates come and go and still no sign of it anywhere - the samsung uk website doesn't even mention it anywhere (unless they are calling it something else).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
well another pretty scathing review for the chromebook 2, so i think i'll be dropping that idea.

You mentioned that you need higher resolution than 720p--is there a specific reason why? Would a bigger screen be just as good? I ask because I just got an HP 14 (the one with Haswell, not the older Celeron), which is a pretty sweet machine. The 14" screen is nice and bright, and doesn't make me feel like I need a 1080p screen.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You mentioned that you need higher resolution than 720p--is there a specific reason why? Would a bigger screen be just as good? I ask because I just got an HP 14 (the one with Haswell, not the older Celeron), which is a pretty sweet machine. The 14" screen is nice and bright, and doesn't make me feel like I need a 1080p screen.

i'm used to working on laptops with a high resolution and screen real estate.
my current laptop is a 15" screen with native resolution of 1680 x 1050 (macbook pro high res - not the retina version).

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Chromebook seems to be out of stock at every retailer, I heard a rumor it got pulled and Samsung is stopping making laptops which seems to ring true as the only models of anything you can find on the market are 2012/2013 at best. I contacted Samsung a few times about it but they ignored emails and tweets, no retailer has a restock date..

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Samsung is certainly still making laptops. If they decided to withdraw from the Chromebook business, I think we would have heard lots of stories about it.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Samsung is certainly still making laptops. If they decided to withdraw from the Chromebook business, I think we would have heard lots of stories about it.

Find a Samsung windows laptop that's come out lately, you'll struggle.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463