HP Chromebook 11

textus

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I am new to Android Central. I am in the market for a chromebook and have set my eyes on the HP Chromebook 11 G1 White/Red mainly due aesthetic reasons. I stay in the UK and would not mind paying for shipping if I have to buy it from the States or overseas.

Is the HP Chromebook 11 G1 recommended in general?
Where (which website/firm/establishment) should I get it from if I am aiming for the cheapest price?

Thank you in advance!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have one in white and red. It's not as fast as the C720 and newer devices, but the screen is one of the best available in that laptop size, it has a great keyboard and trackpad and decent sound. Battery life is good enough for me at school but if it were my only device I'd want it to last longer. I bought it from Google Play, but not sure if it's available cheaper elsewhere.

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
If you buy a HP Chromebook 11, make sure you get the older model with an IPS panel. The newer version has a lower-end panel, and still has the slowest processor in the chromebook (though it will still be fast relative to most low-end Windows laptops).

In all honesty, the HP Chromebook 11 (newer model) is the one chromebook I would NOT recommend at this point, but that's just me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with CHIP72. It may look nice, but overall, the mediocre performance probably won't make it worthwhile. The Acer C720 is still the best value for an 11" Chromebook, and although it's not much to look at, you can spruce it up easily by getting a skin at a place like Decalgirl.com. I got a burlwood one, which looks sweet!

textus

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I did consider the Acer C720 but I felt having an IPS screen was really important for me. I know this may seem wierd appearing in the chromebook section, but I gave the HP Chromebook 11 G1 another thought and am now deciding between it and the Acer Aspire Switch 10 (which technically isn't running chrome OS) - value wise it is 100 dollars more than the HP and it seems to have IPS display as well and the hybrid modes. What do you guys think between the two?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs