need understanding about chromebooks

Braylin Jones

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
hey all. im not here to bash or create any debates, i seriously just want some knowledge on chromebooks because i have none and the research i've tried to do hasn't helped. i used to be an avid windows user and then i got a macbook pro when i got in college because it seemed like the best fit for me which it is. i understand who macbooks are for and what they are used for, i understand who windows is for and what they are used for. i can't figure out who a chromebook is for, what exactly it does, and why someone would choose that over a windows computer that apparently has more capability. if anyone could shed some knowledge and give any personal experience stories to help me better understand, that would be great.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
hey all. im not here to bash or create any debates, i seriously just want some knowledge on chromebooks because i have none and the research i've tried to do hasn't helped. i used to be an avid windows user and then i got a macbook pro when i got in college because it seemed like the best fit for me which it is. i understand who macbooks are for and what they are used for, i understand who windows is for and what they are used for. i can't figure out who a chromebook is for, what exactly it does, and why someone would choose that over a windows computer that apparently has more capability. if anyone could shed some knowledge and give any personal experience stories to help me better understand, that would be great.
I have a chromebook and I will tell you if is only for a specific user. It meets my computing needs completely because I live in the cloud and I use Google services almost exclusively. So, for me, having a snappy Chromebook, that allows me access to all my cloud content, and is fast, efficient, and cheap is the way to go for me. For others who need more than that will be easily frustrated and will see it for what it is, a machine that just runs the Chrome browser.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

Braylin Jones

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a chromebook and I will tell you if is only for a specific user. It meets my computing needs completely because I live in the cloud and I use Google services almost exclusively. So, for me, having a snappy Chromebook, that allows me access to all my cloud content, and is fast, efficient, and cheap is the way to go for me. For others who need more than that will be easily frustrated and will see it for what it is, a machine that just runs the Chrome browser.

so would i be right in assuming this is for someone who doesn't play any games, or do any programming or major work on the computer and that this line of products is for a user that specifically just everything via the internet?

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Can Chromebooks use Microsoft office or only google drive/sheets/docs?

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Can Chromebooks use Microsoft office or only google drive/sheets/docs?

Posted via the Android Central App
Anything that is web-based it can do. I use Google Docs all the time. Plus you get 100 GBs of Drive space with the purchase of a Chromebook.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
so would i be right in assuming this is for someone who doesn't play any games, or do any programming or major work on the computer and that this line of products is for a user that specifically just everything via the internet?

Your assumption would be accurate.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about this as well, I lay because they are stupid cheap. Especially on black Friday and cyber Monday lol.

Can you run something like bit torrent to download movies from pirate Bay?

Or just android type apps?

Posted via Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering about this as well, I lay because they are stupid cheap. Especially on black Friday and cyber Monday lol.

Can you run something like bit torrent to download movies from pirate Bay?

Or just android type apps?

Posted via Android Central App
They run Chrome Web apps.