my first Chromebook

Justin_1138

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
My current laptop is getting long in the tooth -- 4 year old Lenovo with 2 GB RAM, HDD, Windows 10. I figured I'd get a Chromebook, so I ordered a Toshiba Chromebook 2 with the 1900x1000 IPS screen. I am hoping it's going to be faster with its newer CPU, twice the RAM (4 GB), SSD and Chrome OS instead of Windows.

I've never used a Chromebook before. I mostly live in the Chrome browser and Google apps, so I should be alright. I almost bought a Lenovo, because my current one has been a solid tank, but the better screen on the Toshiba was too tempting. I can't wait to get it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Looking at getting my daughter her/our first Chromebook

The only issue I'm seeing is she likes playing Sims and it looks like she won't be able to

Posted via the Android Central App

Justin_1138

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Looking at getting my daughter her/our first Chromebook

The only issue I'm seeing is she likes playing Sims and it looks like she won't be able to

Posted via the Android Central App

Is there an online Sims she can play, or is it a Windows game? You can get her a Windows laptop pretty reasonably priced. I'd recommend Lenovo. Too bad a Chromebook won't work for her, as they are inherently safer.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a Chromebook before. I mostly live in the Chrome browser and Google apps, so I should be alright

. I almost bought a Lenovo, because my current one has been a solid tank, but the better screen on the Toshiba was too tempting. I can't wait to get it.

welcome to the fun and somewhat different world of chrome os. I just got my first chromebook about a month ago and bit by bit getting into the chrome os groove. Here is a good link i found with some nice tips and shortcuts. Enjoy your new tech toy

chrome os tips

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
welcome to the fun and somewhat different world of chrome os. I just got my first chromebook about a month ago and bit by bit getting into the chrome os groove. Here is a good link i found with some nice tips and shortcuts. Enjoy your new tech toy

chrome os tips

Thanks for the link. Got my daughter the new Toshiba for Christmas and this will be so helpful.

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully the Toshiba Chromebook 2 (2015 model) is working out well for you. I really like my Toshiba Chromebook 2014 model; the primary differences between the 2014 and 2015 models are 1) the 2015 model has a much better processor (a regular Celeron vs a much less powerful, fanless Bay Trail Celeron) and 2) the 2015 model has a backlit keyboard.

I just received a Dell Chromebook 13, which along with the Toshiba Chromebook 2 2015 model is one of the two best non-Pixel chromebooks on the market today. (The Dell is more expensive than the Toshiba, but has much better build quality and better battery life. The Toshiba does have a slightly faster processor but that difference is minor.) I'm really liking the Dell; it has the same positive qualities as the 2014 Toshiba (excellent screen, good audio for a laptop) but is much faster. Like the 2015 Toshiba, it also has a backlit keyboard.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully the Toshiba Chromebook 2 (2015 model) is working out well for you. I really like my Toshiba Chromebook 2014 model; the primary differences between the 2014 and 2015 models are 1) the 2015 model has a much better processor (a regular Celeron vs a much less powerful, fanless Bay Trail Celeron) and 2) the 2015 model has a backlit keyboard.

I just received a Dell Chromebook 13, which along with the Toshiba Chromebook 2 2015 model is one of the two best non-Pixel chromebooks on the market today. (The Dell is more expensive than the Toshiba, but has much better build quality and better battery life. The Toshiba does have a slightly faster processor but that difference is minor.) I'm really liking the Dell; it has the same positive qualities as the 2014 Toshiba (excellent screen, good audio for a laptop) but is much faster. Like the 2015 Toshiba, it also has a backlit keyboard.

Daughter absolutely loves her 2015 toshiba-chromebook 2. I've played with it as well. Gorgeous screen and nice keyboard. Fast. Really wanted the Dell but just a bit too expensive for us at this time. So glad you like yours.

Justin_1138

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site

Yeah that Dell is a great machine.

I have the 2014 version of the Toshiba Chromebook 2, so it has the fanless N2840 CPU. But the battery life is great since there's no fan, and it's plenty fast enough for general everyday computing since it has 4 GB's of RAM and an SSD. Though I went from a 2 GB 4 year old laptop with an HDD to this, so maybe that's why it feels so fast. :)

And the price was great. Paid about $170 shipped -- off the Toshiba ebay store. I think the 2015 model is nearly $300.