Visit site
Pros:
-Super thin and fits like a glove
-High quality

Cons:
-Very minimal drop protection
-Not as grippy as some other cases

Introduction
Are you someone who likes to go bareback but gets super annoyed by the tiniest scratch? Let’s be honest, nothing is better than holding your phone naked. After all, who likes to use protection? Not me for sure. But the alternative for not using protection on your phone could be disastrous for those with OCD. I sought out to find what is the best option for the absolute MINIMAL case for protection from scratches. BOOM! Peel comes to the rescue! Think about it – at 0.35mm, this is about as thick as four pieces of paper! That’s thin!

Background
Many case manufacturers make a variety of cases, but not so with Peel. They strictly focus on making minimalistic cases. As with most phone case manufacturers, they started with the iPhone, but slowly branched out to other phones. Recently, they made a case for the Pixel and Pixel XL, and offered me a case to try as part of the Community Review Team. I have heard of Peel but I was thinking to myself, how good can it be? I have used other minimalist cases before and was never really impressed.

What You Get
The case comes in a basic white cardboard box with foam material protecting the case. On the back of the foam material is the guidance on how to install the case (just pop the bottom on first, then pop the top on.

23b643805aacdefa1a21c165cba48e5f.jpg
11f0c1d4fd31823e4460bb0556b1b54c.jpg
2722ab58805e084ac1d2537d7c91631a.jpg

Fitment, Feel, and First Impressions
When I got the case, I was like…this feels very flimsy…will probably throw this in my pile of junk cases, but since I already committed to doing a review, I figured, what the heck, let’s try it on – and boy am I glad that I did! Although it felt flimsy in the hand, it fit like a glove on the Pixel XL! The case has a textured feel that provides a little grip, though not as much as smooth TPU cases. But regardless, it is way less slippery than a naked Pixel XL! My Quite black one is a translucent smoke black color, and compliments the black Pixel XL very well. For the Pixel XL, you are limited to black, silver, and blue for now. As a disclaimer, I do have a skin on the back of the case, so some of the buttons, particularly on the sides where the skin is, are slightly mis-aligned. The top and bottom holes were there is no skin align up well. This shouldn’t be a problem if you do not have a skin on your phone.

c0d0d0d9fadd109ee3ae51fdd11795f6.jpg
830f56c937628eab3fd22eadcf1c42f7.jpg
7f7e25b5d7013fff063375beb260febc.jpg
d9f00dff2a269df028384aa8c681d512.jpg

This should be obvious, but this is a minimalist case. The case just barely covers the back and sides. There is no face protection, however, you can add a screen protector if desired. The good thing is, due to how minimal the case is, any screen protector should fit. Also, this case would provide minimal protection for falls. But really you are buying a minimalist case – and this is as minimal as you can get. All the other minimalist cases that I have used didn’t feel as minimalist as this one! And yes, there are cheaper minimalist cases, but this is a really high quality case – If you want the best of the best, then this is it.

Why should I buy it?
This case is perfect if you want something to protect against bumps and scratches when in your pocket from keys, change, sand, diamonds, gold bullion…you get the idea. But aside from being thin, it also feels like a high quality product, not some flimsy case that you can pick up for a few bucks. What are you waiting for? Head over to buypeel.com and pick up one today!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles