1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Bluetooth Speakers

I guess I'll go first. I just got a Braven 650. I like it. But I'm not wowed by it. Its definitely feature packed, with the ability to charge a phone.

I guess I was expecting a fuller sound, but given the limitations of Bluetooth in general, my expectations might be a bit unreasonable. The clarity is pretty impressive. I just wish the sound had more body.

I'm also not streaming with an apt-X supported device. (To my knowledge, the Gnex and Nexus 7 don't support it.)

You guys (and girls) have any thoughts or suggestions on different units? I do have a month to return.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Speakers-img_20130211_183810.jpg  

Global Posts
    1,123 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Bluetooth Speakers

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks, but I've read that. I was looking for some of the members here to give their thoughts.

I use Jawbone Jambox, sounds VERY GOOD.....IMO. Been using it for about two years
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Do you have the smaller one, or the Big Jambox?

I have the smaller jambox, bought it on sale for $129. I love it, sounds great for the size, pretty full sound. I haven't heard the one you mentioned here, but the jam box has been impressive. I use it all the time for hotel rooms, the beach, or for speaker phone when I want to work. Works well and has great battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL

Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    Do you have the smaller one, or the Big Jambox?
    I have the smaller one. Its all about extreme portability for me .........however the BIG JamBox is on my "wish list" . They both sound bigger than their size.

ROM
    BAMF

I just got the BIG Jambox and I have been pleasantly surprised with it. It does break up at the highest volume settings but at that point it is deafening anyway. At normal to loud volumes it sounds fantastic. Good bass, good mids and good highs. The battery is amazing as well. I got 8 hours on its first charge and the companion app says it has plenty left. It is bigger than the original Jambox bt still easily portable. Whenever I am working on the house (finishing up the downstairs with paint and such) I set it up with my phone and it can be heard in every room and sounds great. I mainly plan to use it outside during parties but it is nice to know I have a great sounding speaker when it is needed without any wires. I don't think it is worth the price but it was purchased through work so it wasn't my money

I picked up an Urge Soundbrick off Woot about a week ago. Very happy with it. It sounds great. Very impressive for thirty five bucks.

I'm also looking for a good bluetooth speaker. I realize that with bluetooth you will loose some audio quality but I dont mind paying that price for convience. I'm leaning towards the smaller jambox myself for the price and portability it seems to fit the bill. I really want to give this a go when it comes out I love all things Klipsch!

Jambox; Has anyone noticed that the sound is a little low on the S3? I'd read elsewhere that others were having this problem. Would it be worth downloading a new audio player? Thoughts pleas. Thanks in advance.

i have bought this one, pretty good

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

I've been using the Bose Soundlink Mini. Great sounding speaker for the size!

ROM
    Stock

I have had the Big Jambox for nearly a year and it still blows other BT speakers away including Bose. Soundlink put out loud sound but its too tinny/treble-y. The live audio feature is cool as well as being able to use as a speakerphone. I bought with an accessory discount i have through Verizon.