1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question About OTG performance - possible reasons why make a difference on my tablet and phone ?

Never before had I a chance to use the so called " On The Go " function . I perceived the most advantage of this function during the travel of last week through my friend.In and out of devices ,very convenient. So when I came back, I ordered at once the same item with him , a SD card reader adapter with OTG . ( I bought it after I read the instruction details and affirm its compatibility with my tablet and phone.)
    Firstly I use it with my Samsung Galaxy Tab. The item goes well and I can reach my data quickly and completely. Then I plug it into Nexus 5 with the same Micro SD card. My phone sense this "invader" very slowly. Something is wrong with my data. The data on the card are not shown completely. A part of the data disappear.
    I have no experience like this. Any possible reasons why this strange phenomenon happened. Any suggestion prefereed !!

Default Re: About OTG performance - possible reasons why make a difference on my tablet and phone ?

It could be you're not using a file explorer that can handle otg. Try Nexus Media Importer. Also, how big is the card and what file system is it formatted in?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: About OTG performance - possible reasons why make a difference on my tablet and phone ?

Yeah, I have got the same suggestion from another friend. I will try this APP later. Otherwise, if it fails, I will decide to root my devices. It is really irritating to face this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tictyler View Post
    Yeah, I have got the same suggestion from another friend. I will try this APP later. Otherwise, if it fails, I will decide to root my devices. It is really irritating to face this issue.
    It could be that the card is in a format the Nexus 5 can't handle, if it is a 64 gig card.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Any issue with the Nexus 5 ? format a 64 gig card ?

Any issue with the Nexus 5 ? format a 64 gig card ?
    I had to format mine in another phone, although if you use Total Commander to access any files on the card it might work in exFAT now.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah, I have tried your brilliant idea. Great help ! Thanks a lot !
    Thanked by:

Yeah, I have tried your brilliant idea. Great help ! Thanks a lot !
    Good to hear.