Fitness bands with Notifications?

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Right now I am looking at the Microsoft Band. I like the form factor better than watches. However I want my phones notifications pushed to a fitness band. Any recommendations? I've only heard of Garmin and Microsoft so far.

Posted via the Android Central App

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a Garmin VivoSMART on eBay specifically for the notification features. I tried the Samsung Gear S, but it was way more than I needed. The small light weight form factor semi-smart watch is the sweet spot for me (I think). It will arrive in a week or so.

The VivoSMART stood out for several reasons:

- Works with Android V4.3+ and Apple V?
- Sleek light weight design
- It has the time and date
- Touch/tap screen controls
- Water proof to 50 meters
- Call screening and text message alerts, plus scroll through the text
- Alarm notification
- Out of phone range alert (alerts you if you forget your phone or someone takes it)
- Sleep monitoring (curious about this, but won't use often)

The step counting and other health related features are a plus, but not the reason I am going to give it a try. I want the notification features without having to pull the phone out of my pocket. ;)

I'm going to try it with an older 2012 Samsung Galaxy S DUOS with upgrade to Android V4.3. Not sure this will work, but I am upgarding phones soon, so if it doesn't it will just be a watch until then. I have my eye on the small Sony Xperia Z4 Music coming out this year. Should know the details on that one in early March when all the new announcements are made...

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a Garmin Vivosmart fitness band and it works great with my new Samsung Galaxy S6. Notifications and music player controls work well.