Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by JaznGibzn View Post
    removing bloat: I am seeing several items that aren't listed above, and some of the stuff listed above (specifically, CityID, but plenty of others too) that are not there in /system/app on my phone. for example, instead of the long filename listed above for CityID, all I can find is i400_CityID.apk. similar: I400_MyVerizon.apk, i400_Tetris.apk, I400_VCastMusic.apk, and I400_VCastVideo.apk. yes, some of them have a capital I and some have lowercase.

One I'd like to rename/move but isn't mentioned above is FullbatPopup.apk and .odex. If I leave my phone set to "screen stay on while charging" then this popup causes my phone to turn on the screen while charging at night, and then stay on all night, lighting up the room (not to mention unnecessary usage of the screen - don't want anything to burn in on the amoled screen!)

has anyone else tried to remove/rename fullbatpopup? what about the facebook/myspace/twitter standalones and the craptastic BuddiesNow? or most of the stock samsung widgets like the extra clocks and all that?
    I have not tried since i havent any phones anymore lol, but im sure imnuts and adrynalyne will have them removed from their versions of the roms
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Default Re: [Guide] All About Rooting: FAQ's & How To's

the quickroot link is 404. can i get it anywhere else?

Default Re: [Guide] All About Rooting: FAQ's & How To's

okay. i just picked up a Samsung Continuum through a friend who didn't use it anymore. I am excited to root this and play around. I just followed directions on how to root and get s-off and unlock the bootloader for my droid Incredible, and did most of it in Terminal on my Mac.

Question, which post do I follow for MAC, then? I am a little confused, as I didn't see Mac specific directions.

Can I use post #5 and just put "./" in front of every command line?

Thank you!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12