Who is on Cricket wireless?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Personally I have att with the girlfriend however her parents have 3 lines with Cricket wireless. No real issues to report. Service end and CS seem to be good. Here in VT we have no stores so I have called on their behalf a few times.

Over all I'd look them up if prepaid became cheaper for us IMO.

sealy64

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Five lines with cricket, 2.5 gb per line, total of 100/month. Calls are clear and almost never drop. On my 4g androids, data speeds are poor at my home (zip 77808) but okay at work (zip 77843). I don't need speed most of the time though, just as long as emails can get through, so it is fine for me. Some of my phones are iPhone 4, which use 3G, not 4g/LTE, and I think those lines get better data speed than my android 4g phones. Unfortunately, ATT RAT locks to 4g on 4g-capable phones, so I can't force them to use 3G. Otherwise I would.

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Five lines with cricket, 2.5 gb per line, total of 100/month. Calls are clear and almost never drop. On my 4g androids, data speeds are poor at my home (zip 77808) but okay at work (zip 77843). I don't need speed most of the time though, just as long as emails can get through, so it is fine for me. Some of my phones are iPhone 4, which use 3G, not 4g/LTE, and I think those lines get better data speed than my android 4g phones. Unfortunately, ATT RAT locks to 4g on 4g-capable phones, so I can't force them to use 3G. Otherwise I would.
Why even have a smartphone then? U can email on a dumb phone lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 🌌

FATTONY1

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I had cricket for 4 years now I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER SAY THIS ABOUT A WIRELESS CO. BUT THEY ARE GREAT!I went to sprint for the note deal. But since rooting my note I'm back on cricket!

sealy64

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
It's not that I don't ever use my phone data for anything but email. When at home or work, though, I have wifi 99% of the time. When I am somewhere else and do not have wifi service, my service with Cricket probably is as good as any. ALL data services have good places and bad places. Cricket uses the AT&T network. I had AT&T before switching to Cricket, and the Cricket service seems the same. The difference is the price. With Cricket, for $100 (taxes included) I get unlimited talk and text on five lines, plus 2.5GB of LTE data for each line (not shared). With AT&T I had the same talk/text deal and shared a few GB (4 if I recall) between the five lines, but I paid twice as much.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
They are good. We are paying for five lines of 19 gigs/month for $120. Easy pricing without the coconut shell game.

As long you are on LTE, you get decent downloads. It is throttled at 8 Mbps. Once you hit the cap data you post for it drops to 0.14 Mbps. Of you go to 4g or less it gets sluggish. No matter what, its always faster than Sprint ever was. Area coverage is good.

Their voice mail is OK but not thrilling .

customer service access is like waiting at the DMV, but not really needed.

You make a call, your caller ID is Wireless Caller and not your name. I just can't find anywhere how to change that.

If you are using Data, you may miss incoming calls.

I know I mostly focused on the negative, we are happy using them as our carrier.

Posted via the Android Central App

sealy64

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
They are good. We are paying for five lines of 19 gigs/month for $120. Easy pricing without the coconut shell game.

As long you are on LTE, you get decent downloads. It is throttled at 8 Mbps. Once you hit the cap data you post for it drops to 0.14 Mbps. Of you go to 4g or less it gets sluggish. No matter what, its always faster than Sprint ever was. Area coverage is good.

Their voice mail is OK but not thrilling .

customer service access is like waiting at the DMV, but not really needed.

You make a call, your caller ID is Wireless Caller and not your name. I just can't find anywhere how to change that.

If you are using Data, you may miss incoming calls.

I know I mostly focused on the negative, we are happy using them as our carrier.

You say you may miss calls if using data. I have not experienced that. I have heard of that kind of thing for Sprint, but not Cricket. Are you sure you have experienced that on Cricket? Would the same happen on AT&T, given that Cricket uses their network?

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
It's odd. It happed to my wife's Note 2 but on my nexus 6 I was able to talk and access data.

sealy64

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
It's odd. It happed to my wife's Note 2 but on my nexus 6 I was able to talk and access data.

Does it happen often on your wife's Note 2, or just once in a while? Calls sometimes just don't come through on all cell networks.