Switching from SPRINT - Keeping cell #

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm eager to try a different carrier, and my sister has been using Cricket with no problems for over a year, so I want to switch BUT I don't want to lose my number that I've had for over 20 years. <br />
<br />
Has anyone had success moving from SPRINT to a prepaid and kept their number?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Should not be a problem at all. When you sign up on Cricket's website (or in a store), you will need to enter your current number and carrier at which time Cricket will tell you immediately if there will be a problem with transfer.

Wife and I used Cricket for a couple of years; we were more than satisfied with both the service and the cost.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Retaining your phone number while changing over to a different carrier shouldn't be a problem (as long as you don't owe anything on your Sprint account).
Just note that Sprint's network (CDMA) has differences with AT&T's network (GSM), Cricket being a MVNO tied to AT&T, so phones themselves aren't as easily transferable. If you're going to be getting a new phone this is irrelevant but if you also want to continue using your current Sprint phone with Cricket, check its compatibility using this site:
WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
We moved over a year ago from sprint. New phone. They had texting working while we were at the store (10 minutes), and calling within an hour...

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I did the switch from Boost, a sprint conpany. I did it all online. The only Problem i had was I needed my account# boost doesnt put that on any paperwork or the site when you log in. You have to call and ask for it and they wont tell you what the Account# is until you speak to customer retention dept. Beyond that the sim i got off amazon worked fine. Data worked instantly and calls and text winth in an hour or two all went to the new phone with same phone #