[ROM][RC2.1] HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 (3.2)
09-21-2015 03:15 PM
- COPIED FROM xda-devs, all credits go to DJ_Steve. This is for DELL STREAK 7 ONLY.
IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES, I WILL DO MY BEST TO HELP BUT YOU'RE BETTER OFF GOING TO THE THREAD @ XDA.HoneyStreak7 Honeycomb 3.2for DELL Streak 7Please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful, any amount is appreciated as I'm currently tight in cash
GBP Donate | USD Donate
Yep that's right folks, I am proud to announce Android 3.2 HONEYCOMB BETA for the DELL Streak7.
Don't ask how I've managed it because its far to complicated to explain, the kernel alone is a right bodge job and just barely working - courtesy of a mate of mine for that one.
-Based on Android 3.2 - 3.2 google apps working
-Performance increase over Froyo is INSANE
-NO OVERCLOCK ability as yet.
-Fully rooted and root adb
-Some reported lockups with portrait orientation & text boxes.
-Netflix is not fully functional
-Video Chat works in gtalk but sound is one way, the other person can hear you but you cant hear them, havent worked out why yet
-Internal storage is mounted under /sdcard and external sd is mounted in /mnt/external1 - you can access both dirs using most file managers - tested with es file manager
-Rebased off Prime 1.7 alpha for Asus Transformer,
-Fixed 3g properly
SB partially working again < see below
-Screenshot support working
-Fixed up apns and cell radio issues, hopefully.
-Updated to 3.2 based off XOOM dump.
-Fixed internal memory mount
-Stock lcd density now 120
-Modified Launcher to fix the issues with icon layout in app list.
-Dropped in the ril library from beta 2, may help with 4g but i doubt it. - check settings > about > status and report the network type please
-Modified Build prop and permissions to match a 3.1 xoom so market should work better
Now, this build cant just be flashed through clockwork recovery as it needs to update some critical parts of the device including the primary and secondary bootloaders.
If you try flashing this i suggest making sure streak is FULLY charged and if using a laptop make sure it is connected to the main power supply, all for safety reasons.
Please be aware that you CANNOT just use a pkg to downgrade to 2.2.2, you have to use the nvflash tutorial found at Restoring the Streak 7 using NVFlash - xda-developers to go back to the 2.2.2 bootloaders, then you can place the latest update.pkg on your external sd card named as update.pkg and flash it using recovery to get back to 2.2
The software used to do this is called NVFlash and it involves booting the streak7 into whats called APX mode; those of you who have read the streak5 forums can think of nvflash as being the same sort of thing as QDLTool.
1. Download the streakdroid zip from below, this contains all the files and drivers required to flash your device to Honeycomb.
Download Link(Primary Mirror): http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/honey...-HD7-RC2.1.zip
2. Extract the zip to a folder on your pc - I recommend c:\flash and will use that path in this example
3. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
4. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
5. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
6. Turn off your 7 and unplug the usb cable from it, then hold BOTH volume keys down and connect the usb cable, if done correctly your pc should detect the apx device. choose to update the driver, choose the second option then let me choose from a list, choose have disk then navigate to c:\flash\usbpcdriver and choose the only one it shows (Nvidia boot recovery driver for mobile devices)
7. Double click the Download.bat file in the c:\flash directory and wait a while it will take some time depending on the speed of your pc and usb ports.
8. Once the box disappears hold down power on your 7 untill dell logo appears (can take a little while) then wait for a few minutes for some honeycomb tasting goodness.
-Hellzya for sending me his Streak7 and testing this out.
-Graffixnyc For testing and tormenting devs for help
-The A-Team and devs @ Welcome to the tabletroms.com development community for helping with the honeycomb port in first place, parts of this are still from the notion ink adam honeycomb build I help with, this build is also posted up over their and ill be supporting it in both places.08-03-2011 02:24 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Dell Streak
[ROM][RC2.1] HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 (3.2)
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD